no akron zips soccer in the fall

• 1 month later...

Can anyone who's following it closely tell us which conferences are playing men's soccer this fall -- and which are waiting for Spring?  I am presuming BTW, that all those whose men are playing this season also have women playing now.  Correct?

Also, could this be a preview of the yet-to-be-formalized two-season format?  Is the NCAA planning a championship tournament anytime?

11 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

Can anyone who's following it closely tell us which conferences are playing men's soccer this fall -- and which are waiting for Spring?  I am presuming BTW, that all those whose men are playing this season also have women playing now.  Correct?

Also, could this be a preview of the yet-to-be-formalized two-season format?  Is the NCAA planning a championship tournament anytime?

this should answer one part of your question....

no ncaa soccer tourney in the fall

ncaa soccer tourney will be in the spring

https://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/2020-09-16/ncaa-di-council-approves-moving-fall-championships-spring

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, a-zip said:

Do you mean the MAC or the NCAA?  If the Big10 and ACC are playing men's soccer (I believe they are).....this seems like a huge disadvantage for us.

The NCAA. You have some conferences playing, some in the spring, some not at all. Same with football. The clowns are running the circus.

On 10/26/2020 at 1:27 PM, Spin said:

The NCAA. You have some conferences playing, some in the spring, some not at all. Same with football. The clowns are running the circus.

I believed the. ACC intends to play both Fall and Spring, further adding to the confusion.  

I know this is a soccer thread........This is not going to come out the right way but (here goes).... I think the MAC had an opportunity to grab some headlines/airtime though COVID by playing soccer and football.  Seriously, is social distancing an issue at a MAC football or soccer game?  

Edited by a-zip

On 10/28/2020 at 6:10 AM, a-zip said:

I know this is a soccer thread........This is not going to come out the right way but (here goes).... I think the MAC had an opportunity to grab some headlines/airtime though COVID by playing soccer and football.  Seriously, is social distancing an issue at a MAC football or soccer game?  Perhaps there near some of the schools I am not aware of.

True, the sports networks are cleaning out the closet showing 5 year old women's sports. 

IMO that is the reason the MAC decided to play in November and December. It wasn't for the athletes or the fans...

On 10/28/2020 at 6:10 AM, a-zip said:

I know this is a soccer thread........This is not going to come out the right way but (here goes).... I think the MAC had an opportunity to grab some headlines/airtime though COVID by playing soccer and football.  Seriously, is social distancing an issue at a MAC football or soccer game?  Perhaps there near some of the schools I am not aware of.

+1. The MAC utterly screwed the pooch. 

Sadly, don’t ask me if I’m at all surprised by that. ?

Realistically, Akron would have a problem with social distancing at their soccer matches. But no fans being admitted to MAC mid-week football games is an aggravating eye-roller.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...