2021 Zips soccer recruits

Samuel George is one of the 6 transfers to Akron for next fall

Samuel is joining the zips from Ottawa, AZ.  Samuel must have been a team mate of Hazem Sobhy at Ottawa

This summer, Samuel is playing in USL 2 with Florida Elite

Last night, Florida Elite won their game 2-0

Samuel scored one of the 2 goals...see highlight below

4 fall 2021 Zips....started in last night's USL 2 game for Florida Elite...Samuel George, Hazem Sobhy, DeClan Watters and Will Meyer...with the clean sheet

• Like 2

Thanks @Blue & Gold for posting that tweet / interview.

Some notable items to me...

• Danny Strachan and Carlo Ritaccio in the middle of the back
  • Retooling the midfield with some new guys coming in
  • Up top ... Diogo [Pacheco], Jason Shokalook, Dyson Clapier + some new guys ... leads me to believe that Will Jackson may be moving to fullback as we saw him play well in the Spring.
  • Happy that Danny Strachan, Diogo Pacheco, Hazem Sobhy, and Will Meyer are getting an extra season due to NCAA adding 1 season eligibility for seniors due to COVID
  • As @zippypitt mentioned, 'lots of home games this Fall' ... I like the sound of that, too!

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 2

Very nice post by one of the 6 young men that will transfer to Akron

BTW, in the first 11 regular season games for Harcum, Ryan Kingsford had 19 goals and 14 assists

Zips nation....is very glad to have Ryan Kingsford as part of the Zips family.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Welcome to Akron  Will, Ryan, Mitch, Kuz,, Renato, Malik, Tobias, Samu, Samuel, Connor, Santiago Labarca, Jonas (np), and Santiago Frias (np)! Go Zips!!!

newcomers_msoc.jpg?width=1128&height=635

https://gozips.com/news/2021/8/6/mens-soccer-akron-unveils-talented-13-member-newcomer-class.aspx

Donning the Akron uniform this fall will be Tobias Bak (Taastrup, Denmark), Mitch Budler (Lincoln, Nebraska), Jonas Buechte (Rantingen, Germany), Santiago Frias (Oakville, Ontario), Samuel George (Dagenham, England), Malik Henry (Hamilton, Ontario), Renato Kauzlaric (Zagreb, Croatia), Ryan Kingsford (Herne Bay, England), Santiago Labarca (Santiago, Chile), Connor Lee (Hudson, Ohio), William Portman (Sheffield, England), Samu Siemens-Brega (The Hague, Netherlands) and Wan Kuzri Wan Kamal (Carbondale, Ill.). ...

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 2

I've seen Santiago and Malik play locally - they are the real deal, and a great pickup for the team!  I'm not sure what happened with Malik at NC, but he's a solid mid-fielder.

Edited by Aaron
  • Like 3

On 8/9/2021 at 9:26 AM, Aaron said:

I've seen Santiago and Malik play locally - they are the real deal, and a great pickup for the team!  I'm not sure what happened with Malik at NC, but he's a solid mid-fielder.

Aaron, thanks much for the great info...

today was first day that the coaches could work with the 13 new players and 22 returnees

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking that Jonas Buechte is a defensive midfielder

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-articles/mens-di-preseason-best-xi-teams-announced_aid49741

Top Drawer soccer selected Jonas as a defender on their pre season all freshman team.

Whatever position that he will play, I am looking forward to seeing Jonas on the pitch and I hope that he can contribute a great deal and help the Zips have a great season.

• Like 1