Do we really expect this season will be played ?

The Hip Zip

19 minutes ago, The Hip Zip said:

Curious as to what fellow Zip fans are truly thinking. While I have my hopes, I am not terribly optimistic given the travel and the up close physical nature of the game. Just don't see how we pull it off.  Hope I'm wrong.

I think it will be played. Too much money at stake for the big schools not to play. I couldn't imagine them cancelling a second NCAA tourney.

The MAC is a bus league, so I can see it having a season. I just don't see fans being permitted to attend. 

Unlike outdoor events where it's been proven you can golf or play tennis with virtually zero risk...even HS football has pulled off a respectable season so far... indoor crowds of hundreds or thousands of people during the Covid era have no precedent. I don't see fans indoors happening in 2020-21.

19 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I think it will be played. Too much money at stake for the big schools not to play. I couldn't imagine them cancelling a second NCAA tourney.

The MAC is a bus league, so I can see it having a season. I just don't see fans being permitted to attend. 

Unlike outdoor events where it's been proven you can golf or play tennis with virtually zero risk...even HS football has pulled off a respectable season so far... indoor crowds of hundreds or thousands of people during the Covid era have no precedent. I don't see fans indoors happening in 2020-21.

I think the season will definitely happen.  Akron's plan to have some fans attend is laudable and could likely be safely accomplished with masks and distancing.  However, I don't see the local health department signing off on it.

I agree with others that I think there will be a season but also think there will be various outbreaks across the league leading to some games being cancelled.  I am assuming it will just be a league schedule but don’t have any insider information.  I did see tentative schedule has us tipping off at Kent December 19 where previously all games started in January I think.  Hopefully we can steer clear of the virus or at least steer clear towards the end of the season.