Red Shirt Rule

bigjim

The last couple of years, freshman were allowed to play 4 games and they still can be red shirted.  What is the rule this year?  I was surprised that several freshman did not get into the game.  Unless, the rule has changed, I do not understand the players choices.  I look forward to the responses since I do not know the rules this year.  Go Zips.  

I would love to give an educated answer, but the camera positioning was so poor, half the time I didn't even know who had the ball. 

Where was that camera mounted, on the roof? Looking forward to CBS on Tuesday, maybe I can come back to this thread. 

On top of the terrible camera work, I sure would have liked to see down and distance on the screen. The commentator had zero idea, he would comment short, when they got the first down, and first down when it was short. Useless. He was daring me to turn the sound off, so I did. Ponderous. 

11 hours ago, LZIp said:

Any player can play any amount of time this season and not have it count towards a year of eligibility.

Which freshman did you expect to be on the field that weren’t?

That is going to have an impact on the 85 player limit for many schools.  I am curious on how this will pan out.

I was referring to the freshman running backs and D Linemen.  Also, the freshman QB Marousek.