Week 3: Can't State Golden Flushes

Blue & Gold

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

Why can't we get a punter. Tired of seeing Fitschen punt it 5 yards.

Where was Romenick tonight?  He has been punting quite well.  there were some articles stating that the Zips had several persons out due to illness.  The same applies to the DL.  I did not see some players rotating in.  However, Kent scored too quickly for rotations.

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

It's year 2.  We should start seeing more impactful players from the staff's recruiting efforts.

I don't have an issue with WRs...exciting about the future of Qualls as well as Mathison if he can stay healthy. Tony Grimes is a freshman walk-on and more than holding his own.

Dollard is a beast. Had the second most yards in program history in the game last night.

I think Gibson can be a pretty good MAC QB if he can cut down on the turnovers.

O-Line is playing a bunch of freshman and is already better than the hand we were dealt last year.

Defense needs a whole lot of work, but we have also been quite shorthanded. Bryce Wilson, Corey Thomas,  MIchael Scott,  and Jacquize Cross are starters who haven't played since week 1. Quevan Lawson and Demetrick Watts are other guys I was expecting to see, but haven't seen them on sideline/field at all. Looks like Demarkus Glover got his first action of the season last night.

Perspective is important. I think the team is actually watchable this year and there are bright spots. I am seeing some development. Still plenty of work to do though. I'm just a guy on the internet, but if I were the staff, I'd bring in at least a P5 transfer at each level for next season. Taking the weakest link at DL, LB, and DB and replacing them with a Se'Von Pittman, Darryl Monroe, or Avis Commack type could allow us to make a big jump.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr Z said:

I believe Kent could have told Akron they were running up the middle and gained 9 yards. Until this gets fixed, not much else matters. ? 

Dollard is fun to watch. ?

Great first half.

The Zips could use a back-up for Dollard to provide him with an occasional break.

It's early in his Zips career, but at this point he is the best Zips running back I have seen since Jack Beidelman.