Three for Thursday [Zips @Golden Flashes]

Dr Z

Kent  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 hours ago, Lee Adams said:

Puzzles me about moving Reggie Corner to LB. Didn't he actually come in as a possible CB then move to safety? Think it indicates how thin they think they are at LB

Yeah.  He's definitely undersized at 5-9, 205.

Reggie was a 1st Team All-Ohio D1 pick at LB his senior year, but his size obviously dictated the coaching staff envisioning him as a DB - that and his dad played CB for the Zips & then the Buffalo Bills.  He looked pretty good at safety during the Spring Game 2 years ago.  You're probably right in that it indicates our lack of depth at the LB position.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigjim said:

Zips need to put on a good show tonight.

+1.

I hate losing to Kent.  So I most certainly dread the possibility of getting blown out on The Mother Ship.  Keep it close & make Kent sweat.

I rewatched the OU game and boy does Gibson have A LOT of moxie.  I love it, but I don't think he's quite ready to lead us to a victory in this game.  Crum may be the best QB in the MAC.  Jordyn Riley is going to have to have a whale of a game.

25 minutes ago, bigjim said:

Let's go Zips

The game is only 10 hours away from kickoff.  In the past, If the game was at the INFO, I would be unloading the car and getting ready for a day long excursion of tail gating.  Now, there would only be a couple of us in Lot 9, but that number would grow in the hour before kickoff. 

Zips need to put on a good show tonight.

Lot 9 was packed for last year's Kent game. I was shocked. We arrived 3 hours before kickoff and there weren't more than a handful of spots remaining.

I saw quite a few people there whom I hadn't seen in a while. To me, it showed that Akron area fans will still come out and support the Zips if InfoCision is a party. 

18 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Lot 9 was packed for last year's Kent game. I was shocked. We arrived 3 hours before kickoff and there weren't more than a handful of spots remaining.

I saw quite a few people there whom I hadn't seen in a while. To me, it showed that Akron area fans will still come out and support the Zips if InfoCision is a party. 

Over half of the people in the lot were Kent fans.

14 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

When InfoCision opened, I envisioned that environment being a lot more common than it's been...

I think part of that may be the fact of how they changed parking lot assignments.  When Info opened in 2009, a friend received a lot 9 parking pass while I received a lot 5 pass.  We tailgated in lot 9 in many of those games.  It may have changed the following year, but those lots were given to the big donors who would show up at game time.

I'm pretty sure we have COVID issues last week on D, Ohio had a COVID breakout immediately after they played us, and I saw a player's parent hint on twitter we should cancel as well when news of their game broke. I don't know the MAC's policy, but wouldn't be surprised if we are missing quite a few again.

Probably operating at something like 55 scholarship players available if its a similar injury/COVID situation as last week. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

+1.

I hate losing to Kent.  So I most certainly dread the possibility of getting blown out on The Mother Ship.  Keep it close & make Kent sweat.

I rewatched the OU game and boy does Gibson have A LOT of moxie.  I love it, but I don't think he's quite ready to lead us to a victory in this game.  Crum may be the best QB in the MAC.  Jordyn Riley is going to have to have a whale of a game.

Riley did have a big game. Big for Kent that is. He was terrible. Gave up big receptions and TD's. His tackling was inferior. He got so scared to get beat deep that he lined up far off the receiver thus giving up automatic first downs. He is an experiment whose time has come to stop. Try someone else and work with him to rebuild his confidence. He is lost at corner.

On 11/17/2020 at 10:21 AM, Blue & Gold said:

Yeah.  He's definitely undersized at 5-9, 205.

Reggie was a 1st Team All-Ohio D1 pick at LB his senior year, but his size obviously dictated the coaching staff envisioning him as a DB - that and his dad played CB for the Zips & then the Buffalo Bills.  He looked pretty good at safety during the Spring Game 2 years ago.  You're probably right in that it indicates our lack of depth at the LB position.  

Ya, dad was really good. Don't think Jr. got a real good shot to play in the secondary the last few seasons. That lack keeps showing up.