Week 6: Buffalo Bulls

Blue & Gold

On 12/10/2020 at 1:08 AM, ZIPFAN21 said:

You guys realize that when Arth arrived over 70 players were failing at least one class.  Stories of players falling asleep in meetings, missing meetings, constantly tardy, missed workouts, disobedience to coaches and staff was the norm.  

What a load of crap. Honestly.

People make up crap on a guy they don't like.

Who has ever validated this? No one.

it probably is the kind ifthe crap some kid who road the bench fed his dad who thought his kid was the great MAC star to make it to the NFL.

12 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

Your loss, lol. 

Posted November 30

On 11/30/2020 at 2:48 PM, bigjim said:

You are wrong.  The Zips will win.  More details later in the week.

That is hilarious.

Zero reason to have any hope for this unless other teams are canceling their season

You are the same clown that ripped me last week, when I was dead on with the BGSU preduction.  This game is a growing step for Akron.

Stay on the Outside.  

18 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

it probably is the kind ifthe crap some kid who road the bench fed his dad who thought his kid was the great MAC star to make it to the NFL.

There are players that reported that not me.  I will not name the players but I have had multiple discussions with players that confirmed what was happening.   The failing grades was confirmed by the coaches.  

55 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

I can tell you that this is true ! Who are you to say this is a load of crap ? If you look in the right places you will realize this. Do some research son.

Our O line is not giving the QBs any  protection whatsoever. Our QB is very inaccurate and throws a very strange ball  ( sidearm)and most of the time its an overthrow. Our WRs are very good but it doesn't matter with bad O line play.Again our D line is not talented enough and our DBs lack coverage skills. 

• Like 1

I was hoping the defense had actually progressed to the point where it could help control a game against a decent team. Obviously BGSU was even worse than we thought. Only thing the O-line can do even close to competently is run block.  But Akron only ran the ball 24 times other than the QB's.!! Only threw 18 passes.!!!!!! The defense is absolutely no help to this team. Buffalo only had to throw the ball 10 times because Akron's defense can't control a decent run game. Somebody said Akron should make Vantrease beat 'em.  He didn't have to. 

Arth is going to have to take a real hard look at the coaches on the defensive side of the ball. He is also going to have to take a hard look at the upper classmen who are playing on the defensive side next season. They are not getting it done against good teams. 

Looks like Gibson may be on the way out. Problem,, break in another new QB next season. 

I am very disappointed in the lack of improvement even over 6 games. Thought it might be a little better. But right now Arth doesn't have enough players capable of playing at the MAC level.

With Bowden apparently coming off the books early next year, the athletic department is going to have to make some more hard decisions next year.

• Like 1

UA is never going to pay more than one football head coach at a time ever again so settle in and hope for the best.  If you think Arth will continue to be a failure mark the end of his contract on your calendar now because that's the earliest chance you'll have to get rid of him.

I'm so happy basketball season is here and football season is over so that I don't have to read the same arguments on here every week.  

• Like 2

I have watched all 18 games that Coach Arth and Co have administrated. Very little improvement, still being out coached every game, and I don’t think they know how to rebuild.. They are consistent victims of poor game planning and will continue to get bullied by MAC opponents in 2021.

Stop with the talent excuse.. talent is decent but it starts with game plan, play calling, and mid-game adjustments. They are the coaches they pick the talent they recruit and the talent they play. It’s nobody’s fault besides theirs if they felt the need to rush the Bowden recruits out of here.. yes you set a standard but you don’t move Bowden recruits down the depth chart to play your freshman. You blend your guys with your current roster.

Offensive play call is terrible...local high schools OCs do a better job. QB is still clueless against the blitz and does not check down. How many RB screens have we called this season? If a team is blitzing the house call screens! Get creative. Also, pass game has consistently regressed throughout the 18 games.

Our line is consistently out played by defensive schemes. They have showed showed flashes of improvement. Kent couldn’t stop the run against anyone this year and BGSU was terrible.. worse than Akron terrible. The other games we saw backup players in the second half.. including OU they were rotating there second/ third team in all game on defense. 

They have ran several experienced guys out of Akron and more are on their way out. This team would struggle against D-1AA teams. I can’t imagine Akron playing on the same field as OSU and Auburn next year. The Tom Arth experiment needs to be over right now. 

.... and yes I do miss Terry Bowden- we played competitively in MAC play and with established programs like Michigan, Marshall, Iowa State, & Northwestern. Stop acting like you guys don’t. 

95AE2E92-2E25-44B9-8EC8-E4958C41156D.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

UA is never going to pay more than one football head coach at a time ever again so settle in and hope for the best.  If you think Arth will continue to be a failure mark the end of his contract on your calendar now because that's the earliest chance you'll have to get rid of him.

I'm so happy basketball season is here and football season is over so that I don't have to read the same arguments on here every week.  

I also believe this is true. The only way he goes early is if the program is cut. It's possible that happens.

Edited by zipsoutsider

No true fan of Akron football misses Bowden. His last team was a miracle at NW, PAT against Kent, and TD against CMU from being 1-11. And 4/5 games in that dreadful losing streak to close the season were embarrassments. If you're proud of accomplishments like that in year 7 of a coaching regime, you my friend are a LOSER. Raise the F**** standard. I don't see anyone "giving Arth a pass" either, nor should you. If you get $500k to do any job, you don't get a pass. Raise the F**** standard. GO ZIPS!