Week 5: BUGS

Blue & Gold

I hate to say it.  I don't think we're gonna win.

Of course I've lost any shred of credibility I had as a prognosticator with my prediction last week that we'd beat Miami.  So perhaps my pessimism is a good sign.

Idk, but I think the guys spirits will be down. Plus, we're so accustomed to losing Idk if we can sustain 4 good quarters of football.  

I"m an Arth fan and supporter; I would have loved to have played for a coach with a demeanor and as consistently positive as Arth.  But can Arth & Co. keep from losing the team through 2 straight winless seasons?

I hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Of course I've lost any shred of credibility I had as a prognosticator with my prediction last week that we'd beat Miami.  So perhaps my pessimism is a good sign.

Idk, but I think the guys spirits will be down. Plus, we're so accustomed to losing Idk if we can sustain 4 good quarters of football.  

I"m an Arth fan and supporter; I would have loved to have played for a coach with a demeanor and as consistently positive as Arth.  But can Arth & Co. keep from losing the team through 2 straight winless seasons?

I hope I'm wrong.

You are wrong.  The Zips will win.  More details later in the week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

That is hilarious.

Zero reason to have any hope for this unless other teams are canceling their season.

I do not see the joke and I do not believe it is hilarious.  First, the Zips are favored in this contest.  Also, if you compare scores of games that Akron and BGSU have played versus the same teams, the Zips appear to have an advantage.  Finally, I view the game outcomes based on my past sports participation.  I see little to no experience of other forum members who make inane comments of playing even high school based on the contributions on this forum.  I will take my D1 experience as helping me make the correct decision in light of the lack of athletic experience that comes out of these comments.  As of what is known today, the Zips will win.  Good riddance to all the naysayers.  

5 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

I hope I'm wrong.

Ya gotta love your optimism and support of the Zips. You are one of the good guys. Thanks for having worn the colors. 

• Like 1

Anyone think maybe we should go with Kato?

I don't want to ruin Gibson's confidence going forward...

But we desperately need the W this week.

Miami stuffed the box & was forcing Gibson to beat us & he wasn't very effective.  At all.

Maybe Kato could give us a shot in the arm?  He is a senior, after all.

Of course BUGS doesn't have the personal of Miami, so they may not be able to stuff our rushing attack anyway.  Idk.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Anyone think maybe we should go with Kato?

I don't want to ruin Gibson's confidence going forward...

But we desperately need the W this week.

Miami stuffed the box & was forcing Gibson to beat us & he wasn't very effective.  At all.

Maybe Kato could give us a shot in the arm?  He is a senior, after all.

Of course BUGS doesn't have the personal of Miami, so they may not be able to stuff our rushing attack anyway.  Idk.

I would definitely entertain it, at least for this week. Win at all costs....

• Like 1

I really hope the Zips can pull this one out. Arth is good guy and needs this win to buy himself another season. Hopefully they can gameplan efficiently, get the right guys the ball on offense.. including Kato, and make the proper second half adjustments as a staff to give the team a chance to play competitively all four quarters.

On 11/30/2020 at 6:56 PM, Zippy1986 said:

I really hope the Zips can pull this one out. Arth is good guy and needs this win to buy himself another season. Hopefully they can gameplan efficiently, get the right guys the ball on offense.. including Kato, and make the proper second half adjustments as a staff to give the team a chance to play competitively all four quarters.

In three years Kato has had one really good game. Maybe  he has been saving himself for this week.

Edited by Zipmeister

On 11/30/2020 at 6:49 PM, clarkwgriswold said:

They have to get a win.  That would be a major step and get them in the top 200.

Play whoever gives you the best chance to win.  Is Kato healthy enough to play?  

There are only 127 teams in the FBS. Zips are 125, BG 126. UMass 127 according to one poll. ?