Game 1- Cedarville

clarkwgriswold

3 minutes ago, RootforRoo44 said:

Listening to this without Steve French is rough. Having to listen to this new guy? Torture. I'm sure he's a good dude, but this is a HUGE step down. 

This is the women's team announcer.  the Varsity team is in Buffalo with the football team.  So try listening to women's basketball with this guy.  

My source (LOL) in the JAR liked what they saw in the second half today. First half was a lot of early shot clock 3s, granted a lot were falling. The team is big. I hear Currie didn't get in until late, I'm going to assume that will change moving forward, perhaps he was unable to practice for a couple of weeks if you know what I mean. Not accusing him of anything, just assuming. And I'm admittedly probably wrong in doing that. 

Once UA started running that zone trap that has worked so well in the past, Cedarville didn't have a prayer. Marshall began slashing more in the second half, he's got the body to do that and I think we'll need him to considering no more X and Cheese. As good as nearly the whole roster is at shooting, we need reliable buckets. Guys who can finish and make free throws. Like X and Cheese. I was expecting more from Tribble but he'll come along. I'm pretty happy with what I heard, but again it's Cedarville.

I wouldn't get too discouraged if the season doesn't start off well. Bonnie is returning 5 starters, @ Kent is @ Kent, which is literally never easy, and Ohio is damn impressive. Considering the circumstance, I'm going to put my expectations as they will have it rolling by February and be in full throttle come March. March March March.

Also, heard Aziz (7' kid from across the pond) who is supposed to be electric just got into the states within the last few days. Could make for another Dawson situation. Damn.

Anyway, can't wait for Tuesday!!!!!!

• Like 2