Dr Z

UB  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Zips
    • Bulls by 19 or less
    • Bulls by 20 to 39
    • Bulls by 40+
  2. 2. How many yards rushing will Teon Dollard have?

3. 3. How many yards rushing will Jaret Patterson have?

This poll is closed to new votes

The Zips will take a beating in this game.  Looking at common opponents, Buffalo smoked Miami and Kent, two teams that beat us badly.  The Ohio game was cancelled, so we cannot compare the scores.  The AP has Buffalo ranked at 24, and I would think that they will not want to give up that ranking.  Although we beat BGSU badly, they outgained the Zips.  I do not expect Buffalo will be turning the ball over.  The BGSU win was very important, but it will not be enough to get another Zips victory. 

72 ROO - I cannot get a victory as you suggested, I am only making a prediction.  However, the Zips will greatly improve next year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bigjim said:

The Zips will take a beating in this game.  Looking at common opponents, Buffalo smoked Miami and Kent, two teams that beat us badly.  The Ohio game was cancelled, so we cannot compare the scores.  The AP has Buffalo ranked at 24, and I would think that they will not want to give up that ranking.  Although we beat BGSU badly, they outgained the Zips.  I do not expect Buffalo will be turning the ball over.  The BGSU win was very important, but it will not be enough to get another Zips victory. 

72 ROO - I cannot get a victory as you suggested, I am only making a prediction.  However, the Zips will greatly improve next year.

Big Jim, you came  thru against BUGS and earned  some Warsteiners. I won't hold you to produce miracles. I'll go to my parish priest for that.

I certainly don't expect a Zips win. As I said elsewhere, hope the defense plays as if it is continuing to improve and doesn't allow UB to get big plays early. At least keep the game reasonable in the first half. Might have to try to control one aspect of the UB offense and hope for the best. With the secondary being as leaky as it has been, may want to send reinforcements there and try to make Patterson carry most of the load for them. Obviously he can do that. But Akron just can't give up a lot of quick scores through the air if they want to keep it reasonable.

On offense Zips MUST run. Gibson is not ready to carry the load against a team like UB. Might even go with some 2 back  and extra TE on a regular basis to beef up blocking. Throw to the backs and TE's. Try to run, dink and dunk to keep the defense off the field as long as possible.

A decent performance against UB even a loss, helps for next season.

• Like 1

I'd personally take the approach of selling out to stop Patterson and see if Vantrease can beat you. Granted it was against BG, I liked the changes the staff made to our DB's last game. Moving Watts to the outside, starting Cochran at FS, and adding Amankwaa to the other outside spot. I'd like to see them get tested more going into next year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I'd personally take the approach of selling out to stop Patterson and see if Vantrease can beat you. Granted it was against BG, I liked the changes the staff made to our DB's last game. Moving Watts to the outside, starting Cochran at FS, and adding Amankwaa to the other outside spot. I'd like to see them get tested more going into next year.

If Akron's offense can't control the ball to some extent, either approach is how you say, moot? 

Fearless Forecast™ - Steve French texts Joe Dunn in mid-3rd quarter.

@French_fired says - "How wuz the bus trip to Buffalo? LOL. Warm here in my living room with a Christmas Ale. LOL OMG Patterson's at the 50..the 40..the 30...10...5...another touchdown Buffalo....LOL...I still got it! #are_you_kidding_me, #here_we_go_again. #Sux2BScozen. LOL"

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Fearless Forecast™ - Steve French texts Joe Dunn in mid-3rd quarter.

@French_fired says - "How wuz the bus trip to Buffalo? LOL. Warm here in my living room with a Christmas Ale. LOL OMG Patterson's at the 50..the 40..the 30...10...5...another touchdown Buffalo....LOL...I still got it! #are_you_kidding_me, #here_we_go_again. #Sux2BScozen. LOL"

Absolutely golden!!!!!!!

On 12/10/2020 at 9:30 AM, bigjim said:

The Bulls beat the Bugs by 25 while the Zips beat the Bugs by 28; I predict a 3 point Akron win.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dr Z said:

Many members got two questions correct this week, but no member got all three correct. 

Not sure anyone could have predicted Jaret and Teon would have only 23 carries combined. 2020 ?

I was one more Tristain Brank catch away from nailing my Fearless Forecast™ ?

Well I for one nailed my f/f ?