Game 3- PCCC

clarkwgriswold

The Zips head to the Portage County Agricultural Demonstration and Animal Husbandry Center Saturday to face the 3-1 Flushes.

The Flushes have bested Northern Kentucky, Purdue Fort Wayne and Detroit Mercy while falling in OT to Virginia.  Portland State transfer Michael Nuga leads Mr. PInky's squad at 17.8 ppg with 7th year senior Danny Pippen at 17.1 ppg and 7.3 rpg.  Temple transfer Justyn Hamilton leads the team at 9.5 rpg while scoring 13 ppg.

PCCC with the new talent and four solid games under their belt will be quite a challenge for the Zips.  An empty PCADAHC will certainly be an odd setting for such a high intensity rivalry game. 

• Like 2

I don't have a good feeling about this.  Their transfer talent is good and they seem to be ahead of the Zips as far as coming up to speed.  It doesn't help that it is in their barn.  I wish this was later in the schedule.  It's also going to be weird not playing them in the regular season finale.

Edited by clarkwgriswold

28 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Very weird playing them the 3rd game of the season.  And why not play them in the season finale?  What's COVID have to do with that?

We're not ready for this game yet.  We're still pretty disjointed.

Maybe they wanted to make sure we got an Akron/Kent game in, in case the Governor shut down sports in the spring?

• Like 1

Definitely a bummer, but I agree for sure that it is better to have this game pushed back. Zips aren't very close to reaching any potential yet. Also, by my calculations, I've attended 34 consecutive games between Akron and Kent and unfortunately that's likely to change within the next couple of months due to attendance policies. What are everyone else's streaks? I know we've got the most die hard of die hards here. 

1 hour ago, LoyalZIP said:

Definitely a bummer, but I agree for sure that it is better to have this game pushed back. Zips aren't very close to reaching any potential yet. Also, by my calculations, I've attended 34 consecutive games between Akron and Kent and unfortunately that's likely to change within the next couple of months due to attendance policies. What are everyone else's streaks? I know we've got the most die hard of die hards here. 

I think I've attended every home game since I can remember...