Game 3- PCCC

clarkwgriswold

9 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

Definitely a bummer, but I agree for sure that it is better to have this game pushed back. Zips aren't very close to reaching any potential yet. Also, by my calculations, I've attended 34 consecutive games between Akron and Kent and unfortunately that's likely to change within the next couple of months due to attendance policies. What are everyone else's streaks? I know we've got the most die hard of die hards here. 

I always travel to Kent and buy my seat early online and one year I found a second row seat center court.  I am wearing my Akron stuff and as I am going to my seat a Kent fan yelled at me that I could not sit there.  I waved my internet ticket and yelled back yes I can.  I sat down and did not think much of it until 2 minutes later a young usher came to me and told me he was sorry but he had to check my ticket.   I showed it to him and then he apologized and said they have some crazy fans.  I remember when Kent came to Akron I was looking for the guy so I could demand to see his ticket.  Unfortunately, never saw him again.   

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

My nominee for "best football post in a basketball thread" annual award..

Thank you so much. I'd like to thank the Academy...

Relevance: Same campus, etc. MBB would do well to pick FB's brain on policies to keep players and staff Negative. 

Article on today's PCCC game.....errrrrrr......Malone scimmage-

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/2020/12/18/akron-zips-malone-pioneers-mens-college-basketball-exhibition/3965904001/

Really looking forward to cozying up to the damn radio like it's 1937.

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Article on today's PCCC game.....errrrrrr......Malone scimmage-

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/2020/12/18/akron-zips-malone-pioneers-mens-college-basketball-exhibition/3965904001/

Really looking forward to cozying up to the damn radio like it's 1937.

I think it's on following the President's fireside chat address to the nation.

Edited by UAZipster0305
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Did George Thomas finally get replaced and/or is the ABJ upping coverage of the Zips? Seems like a win either way.

This has some promise.  Just hired by the Beacon and knows basketball.  George has been better at times in the last year but then mails it in with fluff like this morning's piece.  Here's an article about this young lady-

https://jcusports.com/news/2020/12/15/ashley-bastock-beacon-journal.aspx

Edited by clarkwgriswold