Game 3- PCCC

clarkwgriswold

Last year, Akronzips71 hoped Freeman could become a contributor.  I thought he'd be company for Scott Walter.  Looks like I was dead wrong and that AkronZips71's hope is coming true.  20 points and 18 boards so far.

Cam Reece needs to come around.  I sure hope the big man on the way in can play as they need the help down low.

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Last year, Akronzips71 hoped Freeman could become a contributor.  I thought he'd be company for Scott Walter.  Looks like I was dead wrong and that AkronZips71's hope is coming true.  20 points and 18 boards so far.

Cam Reece needs to come around.  I sure hope the big man on the way in can play as they need the help down low.

I hoped someone would recall that. This kid has never looked like a walk on.

My take (only mine) is that he never had that much experience in organized BB, was just a very talented sand lot player. VERY talented.

Needed last year to learn to be a role player on a team.

But at 6'7" with a big wingspan and good natural skills, he could be a POY in a few years. He does seem to have all the tools.

For some reason he reminds me of Len Paul. Not as graceful, but he seems to have the whole package.

My insider at the JAR has gotten back to me with some notes.

Trimble is next to worthless. And this doesn't surprise me after seeing him in action on Tuesday.

Riak and X are missed as much on defense as offense, Reece has developed very little since getting to Akron

Decent minutes from Clarke but a couple of blown layups

Wynn must be practicing pretty well as he fit in okay, seemed to have taken Marshall's spot today. I'm gonna call Marshall a disappointment so far. I'm probably speaking too soon though.

What the hell's the story with Currie??

Dailey looked lost again in 1H, but started to play more like he needed to as the game went on, driving and shooting mid range. As for those mid rangers going in....

I love Freeman but there's no reason he should be what he is compared to Reece. That bothers me quite a bit. And once Aziz gets in it'll take him quite some time to get into the rotation.

Tuesday could be ugly. But don't get discouraged....yet.

34 minutes ago, akronzips71 said:

My take (only mine) is that he never had that much experience in organized BB, was just a very talented sand lot player. VERY talented.

But at 6'7" with a big wingspan and good natural skills, he could be a POY in a few years. He does seem to have all the tools.

For some reason he reminds me of Len Paul. Not as graceful, but he seems to have the whole package.

I am an advocate of fessing up when you're wrong!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, akronzips71 said:

Find me some odds on Freeman for future POY and I'll put a few bucks on it! That would be quite a payout

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

My insider at the JAR has gotten back to me with some notes.

Trimble is next to worthless. And this doesn't surprise me after seeing him in action on Tuesday.

Riak and X are missed as much on defense as offense, Reece has developed very little since getting to Akron

Decent minutes from Clarke but a couple of blown layups

Wynn must be practicing pretty well as he fit in okay, seemed to have taken Marshall's spot today. I'm gonna call Marshall a disappointment so far. I'm probably speaking too soon though.

What the hell's the story with Currie??

Dailey looked lost again in 1H, but started to play more like he needed to as the game went on, driving and shooting mid range. As for those mid rangers going in....

I love Freeman but there's no reason he should be what he is compared to Reece. That bothers me quite a bit. And once Aziz gets in it'll take him quite some time to get into the rotation.

Tuesday could be ugly. But don't get discouraged....yet.

Yet the coaches say Trimble could be one of the best Zips shooter ever.  Quite perplexing.  He hit a bomb late.  Hopefully, that shakes something loose and he starts to come around.

I sure wish we could get some info on Currie.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Yet the coaches say Trimble could be one of the best Zips shooter ever.  Quite perplexing.  He hit a bomb late.  Hopefully, that shakes something loose and he starts to come around.

I sure wish we could get some info on Currie.

Agreed on Currie. I don't want to speculate but he must be struggling to keep up in practice or something. And all Trimble has done is take bombs. I have yet to hear or see any other positive contributions. He's shooting from 25' + on most of his attempts. Not good.