Game 4- Ohio

clarkwgriswold

15 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I don't think Dailey is every going to be the long range threat X was when he was hot or quite the rebounder

I wouldn't sell him short on his 3-point shooting. I think he'll have some memorable long-range days this season, as long as COVID doesn't curtail things. X was a comparatively better rebounder for sure, but he's also a couple inches taller.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

The magenta/pink/vomit colored shirt with the white pants and white belt a few days before Christmas just didn't do it for me.

Can we improve the discourse on this board by eliminating the low brow comments about the teams choice of uniform.  This was a sincere attempt to acknowledge the loss of coach Robby Pridgen's mother.  

Edited by ZZZips
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ZZZips said:

Can we improve the discourse on this board by eliminating the low brow comments about the teams choice of uniform.  This was a sincere attempt to acknowledge the loss of coach Robby Pridgen's mother.  

I am confident that if NWAkron was aware of the purpose of the uniforms he wouldn't have made the comment.  He generally contributes to the level of discourse in here rather than lowering it.

Hell, a couple of weeks ago I was told to perform a certain sexual act by some dimwit in the football forum ! 

2 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

Can any informed board contributor tell me what is the status of Aziz, our 7 footer from Africa?

He recently made it state-side and should be concluding his quarantine soon. I'm expecting a Dawson-like season at best. He could be valuable down the stretch, plus he will benefit from the lack of big men. I'm guessing at this point Currie isn't quite what we were expecting, hopefully he can grow and improve to step up when he's needed.

9 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

He recently made it state-side and should be concluding his quarantine soon. I'm expecting a Dawson-like season at best. He could be valuable down the stretch, plus he will benefit from the lack of big men. I'm guessing at this point Currie isn't quite what we were expecting, hopefully he can grow and improve to step up when he's needed.

I'm perplexed by the Currie thing.  He was a P5 recruit.  I realize that didn't work out but he averaged over 24 ppg and 10 rpg in a good juco program.  I have to wonder whether there's not something else up there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I'm perplexed by the Currie thing.  He was a P5 recruit.  I realize that didn't work out but he averaged over 24 ppg and 10 rpg in a good juco program.  I have to wonder whether there's not something else up there.

My guess is defense.  I think you have to play defense to play for Groce and maybe he isn’t quick enough on the defensive end to earn time now.  Big guys need to be able to cover their guys, help when guards drive in and switch onto a guard occasionally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zippyfan34 said:

My guess is defense.  I think you have to play defense to play for Groce and maybe he isn’t quick enough on the defensive end to earn time now.  Big guys need to be able to cover their guys, help when guards drive in and switch onto a guard occasionally.

I also wonder if it couldn't be related to COVID somehow and that they're easing him back in but because it is health related can't say anything.

15 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I just took a look and GT has written at least a couple of movie reviews since Ashley Bastock came along.  Hmmmmmmm...

Did he actually attend and watch the movies? Or at least do a little research on them? ?

Edited by ZippyRulz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/23/2020 at 3:57 PM, 72 Roo said:

Can any informed board contributor tell me what is the status of Aziz, our 7 footer from Africa?

I started to ask how many games he can play and keep his red shirt.  Then it struck me -- everyone gets a year back after this one -- right?  ?‍♂️