Game 5- Buffalo

clarkwgriswold

The Zips shuffle off to Buffalo after the holiday break to face our long time Canadian rivals on New Year’s night. 

The Canucks are 3-3 and will not have played since December 19th due to cancellations.  They were picked 4th in the MAC Pre-season Poll.  They have wins over Towson, Miami and Mercyhurst and losses to Army, Bowling Green and Syracuse (in OT). 

They are led by SVSM grad All-MAC Pre-season Team guard Jayvon Graves who is averaging 17.3 ppg, 4 apg and 7 rpg.  6’5” junior forward Jeenathan William leads scoring at 19.8 ppg and 8.3 rpg.  Second team ALL-MAC preseason forward F Josh Mballa scores 13.7 ppg while kicking in 5.7 rpg.

The game is at 7:00 p.m..  Unfortunately, it is on the CBS Sports Network rendering it unavailable for many of us.

15 hours ago, LZIp said:

I feel like I said it in another thread, but its better we had our COVID issues in the irrelevant non-conference rather than now. Getting a crappy seed due to cancelling multiple conference games would suck.

And this year only the top 8 teams will even be in the MAC tournament. I do expect the Zips to be one of those.