2021 Zips in Pro Leagues - Domestic and International

2021 MLS

Colorado Rapids - Jon Lewis

Columbus Crew - Saad Abdul-Salaam, Evan Bush, Perry Kitchen, Darlington Nagbe

FC Cincinnati - Ben Lundt (loaned to Phoenix Rising)

Houston Dynamo - Zarek Valentin

Minnesota United FC - Wil Trapp

Nashville SC - Nick Hinds (loaned to Austin Bold)

New England Revolution - Teal Bunbury, Scott Caldwell

Orlando City SC - Joao Moutinho

Toronto FC - Richie Laryea

Vancouver Whitecaps - David Egbo

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

It just dawned on my that with the season in the spring this year we missed David Egbo's senior season ??

“And in that very moment, away behind in some far corner of the city, a cock crowed. Shrill and clear he crowed reckoning nothing of wizardry or war, welcoming only the morning that in the sky far above the shadows of death was coming with the dawn.”

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, fknbuflobo said:

“And in that very moment, away behind in some far corner of the city, a cock crowed. Shrill and clear he crowed reckoning nothing of wizardry or war, welcoming only the morning that in the sky far above the shadows of death was coming with the dawn.”

tenor-133081549.gif

• Like 1

Welcome Perry! Caleb and Tim Bezbechenko has assembled one of the deepest rosters in MLS. If I was Artur I would be worried about playing time. Perry will look great alongside Nagbe as a holding mid. He will be the strong, physical presence that will allow Darlington to push up when he wants to.

• Like 2

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2021/01/28/columbus-crew-sc-sign-veteran-midfielder-perry-kitchen

Bezbatchenko's quote from MLS article

“Perry is a seasoned player whose addition to our roster will help bolster our midfield,” Crew president & GM Tim Bezbatchenko said in a club statement. “Along with bringing a decade of professional experience and leadership in MLS and abroad, Perry will provide another important veteran voice to our locker room. We believe that his qualities as a player on and off the field will allow him to fit right in at our club.”

• Like 2

On 1/28/2021 at 6:19 PM, 72 Roo said:

Welcome Perry! Caleb and Tim Bezbechenko has assembled one of the deepest rosters in MLS. If I was Artur I would be worried about playing time. Perry will look great alongside Nagbe as a holding mid. He will be the strong, physical presence that will allow Darlington to push up when he wants to.

This will likely push Nagbe into more of an 8, or box to box MF. 

I prefer Kitchen's grit to Artur's speed.  Biased I am.

Imagine Kitchen and Morris playing the two in 4-2-3-1.  Nothing would get through. 

Nagbe can play five or six different positions.  No worries there.

Kitchen is a pure 6.

There are now many tactical options available to Porter, depending upon the opponent. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Shocked that I am the one to drop this in here at last...?

But...Ives Galarcep interviewed perhaps my all-time fave from the National Champions, Z.  aka Mr. Z, or in Amish Country Zarek Valentin on his excellent 

podcast last week.  At 29, Zarek is now the Houston Dynamo player rep and on the MLSPA Ex Comm.  Ives and Z discuss among other topics the All Time College Soccer Final Four team, in which the 2010 Akron squad features prominently and they mention Zarek's brother Julian's Wake Forest team and have a great college soccer discussion.  Another very interesting subject brought up is that Z's international football career may not be over, as he's very interested in playing for his ancestral Puerto Rican national squad.

Hope the podcast stays up for a while, in case anyone misses it.  The part with Zarek lasts over 45 minutes.

https://sbisoccer.com/2021/02/the-sbi-show-episode-299-with-special-guest-zarek-valentin/amp?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 2