Game 5- Now PCCC

clarkwgriswold

Okay, so CMU replaced Buffalo and now PCCC replaces CMU.  I'm getting a little dizzy!

The Flushes have bested Northern Kentucky, Purdue Fort Wayne and Detroit Mercy while falling in OT to Virginia.  Portland State transfer Michael Nuga leads Mr. PInky's squad at 17.8 ppg with 7th year senior Danny Pippen at 17.1 ppg and 7.3 rpg.  Temple transfer Justyn Hamilton leads the team at 9.5 rpg while scoring 13 ppg.  The Flsuhes have not played since December 13th.

2 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

So did the Chips get to Toledo and have to turn the bus around? ?

Edited by ewbrooman1

3 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Okay, so CMU replaced Buffalo and now PCCC replaces CMU.  I'm getting a little dizzy!

The Flushes have bested Northern Kentucky, Purdue Fort Wayne and Detroit Mercy while falling in OT to Virginia.  Portland State transfer Michael Nuga leads Mr. PInky's squad at 17.8 ppg with 7th year senior Danny Pippen at 17.1 ppg and 7.3 rpg.  Temple transfer Justyn Hamilton leads the team at 9.5 rpg while scoring 13 ppg.  The Flsuhes have not played since December 13th.

They should switch to the Horizon League; their 3-0 record would put them in third place there.

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Biggest game of the season so far and no one has even posted this year!

More good stuff from Ashley Bastock-

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/college/zips/2020/12/31/preview-akron-basketball-hosts-central-michigan/4078554001/

I don't get it.  Are we back to playing Central Michigan or does ABJ not know that the game has been switched to Kent State.  It is bad enough that I do not know half the players, now I cannot even figure out who we are playing!

15 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

I don't get it.  Are we back to playing Central Michigan or does ABJ not know that the game has been switched to Kent State.  It is bad enough that I do not know half the players, now I cannot even figure out who we are playing!

PCCC is the opponent.  The Beacon just goes to print so early that this is what you get.

1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

We certainly owe Pinky a good thrashing for his comment after the last game that he didn't really care if they lost.

And if they won he would have told us how important of a win it was for them.

Mr. Pinky doesn't realize that being the winningest coach in PCCC history makes him the MAC equivalent of Crash Davis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, akronzips71 said:

My cable network gets CBS Sports.

It is still listed as:

LOREN CHRISTIAN JACKSON LEADS THE ZIPS AGAINST CMU.

How is that for some national recognition? Did anyone tell them he would be the shortest player on a high school team? No wait, probably on a 6th grade team.

well I don't expect much recognition wedged between and during playoff games.

3 hours to tip off.  Excitement building.