Game 5- Now PCCC

clarkwgriswold

This was one of those games where I would loved to have been a fly on the wall in the halftime locker rooms!! Groce or LCJ likely lit a fire under everyone's ass!!! The second half was nearly perfect - great defense, shot selection, and overall performance. 

Call me crazy and paint me blind but I think #11 half time buzzer beater, even though called-off, gave the zips the momentum and they never looked back!!

Edited by AkronAlumnus

6 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I’ve been disappointed in the play of Maishe Dailey. I thought he’d be a 2nd Team MAC-caliber player this year & he’s just been playing soft & apprehensively.  He needs to step up & play MUCH more assertively.

Me too, coming into the season, I thought he would be our go to guy behind LCJ.. I have yet to figure out who our #2 is, likely Greg Tribble

Edited by AkronAlumnus

5 minutes ago, AkronAlumnus said:

Me too, coming into the season, I thought he would be our go to guy behind LCJ.. I have yet to figure out who our #2 is, likely Greg Tribble

You’re right. We don’t really have a #2 right now. I also thought it would be Maishe; now I think it may become Dawson before the season’s over. Idk. But the situation was forcing LCJ to try to do too much at certain points in last night’s game. Not a recipe for continued success.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

You’re right. We don’t really have a #2 right now. I also thought it would be Maishe; now I think it may become Dawson before the season’s over. Idk. But the situation was forcing LCJ to try to do too much at certain points in last night’s game. Not a recipe for continued success.

So many candidates but no one stepping up yet.  They need that guy as LCJ can't be counted upon to be that guy 100% of the time.  Nobody can.

31 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Tribble could be that #2. Do we have an update on why he didn't dress last night?

29 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Tribble could be that #2. Do we have an update on why he didn't dress last night?

According to another great article by Ashley Bastock’s (sp?), Tribble has a sprained ankle; they hope he’s good-to-go -vs- EMU on Tuesday.

ABJ, PLEASE make Ashley the new ZIPs’ beat writer.

4 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Every win is needed and important but with COVID delays and cancelations and only 8 teams making the tourney, its so critical to be banking these wins early.  Who knows what the tiebreaker will look like.

I like only 8 teams making it; adds more weight to the regular season.

8 hours ago, NWAkron said:

Every win is needed and important but with COVID delays and cancelations and only 8 teams making the tourney, its so critical to be banking these wins early.  Who knows what the tiebreaker will look like.

I most definitely missed the news release on the tournament going to 8 teams. Was this part of the COVID related cost cutting measures the conference took?

3 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I most definitely missed the news release on the tournament going to 8 teams. Was this part of the COVID related cost cutting measures the conference took?

I believe it was cost cutting, although I can't imagine it's that much $$ considering those first 4 games are at campus sites.  I guess the schools will save some $ but when Miami beat Buffalo last year before the shut down that knocked out a decent fan base for Cleveland.