Game 6- Eastern Michigan (for now)

The Zips head to Ypsilanti on Saturday, January 9th, to face the 2-3 Eagles.  The EMU wins have come over Rocky's wife Adrian and juggernaut Olivet while their losses have come to Toledo, Michigan State and Central Michigan.

The Eagles are led by 6'2" junior guard Bryce McBride at 15.4 ppg and 6'8" redshirt senior forward Ty Groce at 14.8 ppg and 6.8 rpg.  It feels Ty Groce is the only player in the MAC as long as Danny Pippin!  Eastern was picked 8th in the MAC pre-season poll.  Coach Rob Murphy continues to follow his tradition with a a big front line with Groce at 6'8" joined by 6'10" Thomas Binelli and 6'10" Jalen King and still uses quite a bit of 2-3 zone.  They also do not play until the 9th. 

4 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Coach Rob Murphy continues to follow his tradition with a a big front line with Groce at 6'8" joined by 6'10" Thomas Binelli and 6'10" Jalen King and still uses quite a bit of 2-3 zone.  They also do not play until the 9th. 

Jalen King... Wasn't he one of Michigan's Fab Five?  ☺️

44 minutes ago, AkronAlumnus said:

Hopefully everyone can get some good R&R before Saturday!

Rest and recovery is good but right now I think this team needs in game floor time.  For long periods last night they had no rhythm or flow.  I wish they had a Tuesday game this week rather than 8 days off. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Rest and recovery is good but right now I think this team needs in game floor time.  For long periods last night they had no rhythm or flow.  I wish they had a Tuesday game this week rather than 8 days off. 

wish we could GO to a Tuesday night game!!  Miss those.

2 hours ago, NWAkron said:

wish we could GO to a Tuesday night game!!  Miss those.

I'd rather go Tuesday too!! But we need Tribble back, especially with EMU's weird defense. Offense needs a slasher other than LCJ. 

Edited by AkronAlumnus

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Game day article from the Beacon-

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/college/zips/2021/01/09/university-akron-mens-basketball-team-still-learning-its-identity/4124999001/

It's refreshing to have someone covering the team that actually gives us valuable information.

Article says it was written by GT ?

• Like 1