Game 7- Northern Illinois

Lovely DeKalb, Illinois awaits the Zips for a Tuesday night matchup with the 1-8 Huskies.  The Zips are fresh off of taking a big slimy dump in Ypsilanti.

Just last week, NIU “separated” from long time head coach Mark Montgomery.  The sole Huskies win was on December 18th against Chicago State (apparently, they were unable to squeeze Olivet into the schedule).  Thus far in the MAC they have lost to Toledo, BG, OU and Miami.

6’2” sophomore guard Tyler Cochran is the Huskies’ leading scorer and rebounder at 13.8 ppg and 7.4 rpg.  They were picked 10th in the MAC Pre-season poll.

5 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

What has happened in Huskieville?

They suck the big one this year in both football and basketball.

One possibility; I heard a rumor they are now requiring that their recruits be able to both read and write.

Basketball-  1-8

Football-  0-6

Baseball-  7-10

Soccer-  7-10-1

Tennis- 6-6

Women's BB- 4-5

Women's Soccer- 2-14-2

Softball-  7-15

There's an awful of athletics misery in DeKalb.

Will we see more or less Currie against NIU? Here's hoping for more; I love watching athletes playing to prove something. Against a subpar team (no way this can age badly... right?), he should get some extra minutes leading to establish a role in the rotation!! 

30 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

Tip is at 3:00pm EST. Yucky, guess it's radio for me again.

I hate weekday afternoon tips almost as much as midweek MAC football games.  I wonder what the logic is.  I assume it is a desire to get teams back out of town and avoid overnights during COVID but it's a killer for followers of teams.

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I hate weekday afternoon tips almost as much as midweek MAC football games.  I wonder what the logic is.  I assume it is a desire to get teams back out of town and avoid overnights during COVID but it's a killer for followers of teams.

Yeah, I completely understand the reasoning. I also hate it.

Random thought of the day...

Anybody else get a sick smirk on their facing when thinking that, we whooped on OU and beat Kent, then both fan bases watched us lose by double digits to EMU leaving them to think about what's wrong with their respective programs? Salt in the wound.

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

14 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Random thought of the day...

Anybody else get a sick smirk on their facing when thinking that, we whooped on OU and beat Kent, then both fan bases watched us lose by double digits to EMU leaving them to think about what's wrong with their respective programs? Salt in the wound.

looks like we will be adding some pepper to that gaping wound the way this is going