Game 7- Northern Illinois

7 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Or Channel or X.

Tyler had something those guys didn't.  Almost a "get in my way at your own risk" attitude.  Don't get me wrong, I liked those guys and wish we could "get the band back together" but Tyler had a drive and nastiness to him this team could really use right now.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Tyler had something those guys didn't.  Almost a "get in my way at your own risk" attitude.  Don't get me wrong, I liked those guys and wish we could "get the band back together" but Tyler had a drive and nastiness to him this team could really use right now.

you mean a guy who will chest bump a ref if warranted?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

We're back to the 2018-2019 purgatory and I hate it.

yeah, we've all been around long enough to get a sense of how a season is going.  That being said, this is just an effed up season.  BG and Toledo are a class above and Zips be lucky to get a Q Final round game against them in CLE

5 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

It was fun winning road games while it lasted.

I absolutely loved that stretch last year where they were blowing out teams on the road. RIP.

But I 10000% agree with previous posts in this thread, without a Cheese or X to take inside, the offense is stuck in the quick sand. Damn shame. 

Really difficult to watch this team.  First, I do not recognize half the players because we have so many new faces.   When you cannot penetrate, shoot a three.  If you miss, just shoot another 3.  When LCJ is off this team is going to struggle.   I thought the team played better in the last 5 minutes.  Not sure why LCJ was not playing that way the whole game.  He played very passive most of the game and nobody on this team stepped up.

On the last shot, give the Northern Illinois player credit.  Ali played great defense and the guy made a tough shot.  I think N. Illinois only had 8 players.  Does anyone remember when we loss to N. Dakota when they only had 7 players?  I thought that was our worst loss, until today.

Groce sounds much more calm today as compared to Saturday. I didn't get to watch today, but the effort must have been much better all around which is always a positive. The team's got major chemistry issues which is concerning, but hopefully the pressure of a normal season is less than normal and they can be patient to work through them. As of now, I'm not concerned about making the top 8. However, I'm not saying it's a done deal, especially if this continues.

Look for Maishe Dailey to step up. He has to if this team is going to get close to its potential. He absolutely has to. On to Toledo. In Groce we trust.

Ugh. When you combine this team's inability to stop the ball and lack of rebounding with an off shooting night from three, this is the kind of result you get.

The offense is one dimensional right now. It looks great when the three ball is falling, but unfortunately the three ball doesn't always travel with the team. I think having such a good PG has masked a lot of this team's inexperience. If they can't find a way to diversify this offense, it could be a long year.

We are thin in the post this year without Riak and it shows, especially on defense. There is a toughness/confidence that this team seems to be lacking. Maybe Currie will progress as the season goes on or they'll find something with Bandaogo, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Hopefully these are just growing pains and they can start to get it figured out before it's too late. If losing to a one win team that just fired its head coach doesn't provide a sense of urgency, I'm not sure what will.