2021 Schedule

Blue & Gold

34 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Whew.  Tough schedule.  

I find it odd that we finish up with two teams from the West Division of the MAC in Toledo & WMU.

These are just the teams we will face.  No particular order other than the set contracted OOC games at the top...which should state September, not November. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reminder of why I don't enjoy talking about this team anymore.  This is a terrible ooc schedule.  Two destruction games. I had no idea Bryant even had a team. Temple is one of the least interesting teams in college football.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

There are some years when the Zips can handle an OOC schedule like this, and 2021 isn't it. If in 2020 we surrendered 70 points to Kent State, and only threw for 87 against Bowling Green, I can't imagine how uncompetitive these games will be. 

Well, at least we play Bryant. ?

7 hours ago, NWAkron said:

That schedule is worth $4million?  Maybe 5?

Another reminder of why it is so hard to follow. Two things. 

First, given how much money OSU and Auburn make, we are being grossly underpaid. This is a symbol of athletic director incompetence. 

Second, when the conversation becomes money vs putting on an event where students, alumni, fans and the general Akron community can enjoy a game, and money wins, I'm not interested. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 10:57 AM, NWAkron said:

That schedule is worth $4million?  Maybe 5?

Just spit balling here, but the SEC likes to cram in some cupcake opponents in November. If we forfeit the MAC games, can we make $10M+ traveling the Southeastern Conference for weekly ass whoopings?

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

I'll trust the coaching staff to make that determination. Katos best year had 15 TDs and 8 INTs with a 52% completion rate. He never really improved from his freshman year

I trust the staff to find the best person for the job too. Gibson is no answer unless he improves significantly. Kato will have to be the best version of himself to win the job. He will have to be committed to competition. That is something he has shown little appetite for in the past. Yet the talent we have coming in and Maroucek (sp?) may give us the upgrade we must have to even win three games. We will go no further than the QB position takes us. That is priority # 1.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

Kato's had maybe 4-5 legitimately good halves as an Akron QB. It's time to turn the page.

Agree that it is time to turn the page.  'we have some young good QB;s that someone needs to step up.  We also have a JUCO.  Let them compete and pick the best.  The problem is that we will probably lose 2 of the young QBS to the transfer portal when they lose out for the job.

• Like 2