2021 Schedule

Blue & Gold

On 1/23/2021 at 10:24 AM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Just spit balling here, but the SEC likes to cram in some cupcake opponents in November. If we forfeit the MAC games, can we make $10M+ traveling the Southeastern Conference for weekly ass whoopings?

All those women’s sports aren’t going to pay for themselves (or attend football games for that matter).

• Like 1

sar·casm | \ ˈsär-ˌka-zəm  \

1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain

2a: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual

b: the use or language of sarcasm

23 hours ago, Spin said:

sar·casm | \ ˈsär-ˌka-zəm  \

1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain

2a: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual

b: the use or language of sarcasm

Sarcasm isn't an excuse for ignoranxe.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, ZIPFAN21 said:

I laugh at all of you that think Gibson is not the answer at QB.  He has 4 years of eligibility left and now the game will slow down with improving OL and running game.  Kato and Gibson will be at the top of the depth chart in 2021.  Write it down.

I sure hope your hunch is correct!   I am done being high on Zips qbs... I really thought Woody was going to be the next "star".  Its been rough since Getsy left, minus that year of Dalton Williams....

• Like 1

Building a team from the absolute bottom requires time and patience.  Unfortunately, you're not guaranteed success only hope.  This team will begin to blossom in 2022.  2019 was a disaster, absolute dumpster fire.  2020 was more competitive and the kids got better.  Now just need to keep them around and have them grow together.   One more year of learning and growing pains.  I think Nelson and Gibson will be at the top of the depth chart coming out of the spring.   Then Irons will get some looks in fall camp.   The bottomline is that the QB position is now a position of strength with the depth being built.  

• Thanks 1

John if that happens then you lose 2-3 QBs. These QBs Gibson, Marousek and Janokowski are all young and need experience.   Nelson and Irons provide experience.  Bringing in a transfer at this position doesn't make sense to me.  Bringing in some mature lineman on both sides off the portal makes sense.  IMO

14 hours ago, ZIPFAN21 said:

The bottomline is that the QB position is now a position of strength with the depth being built.  

I'll give you the second half of that statement, that the Zips now have QB depth.  I haven't yet seen anything from the guys on the roster however to show me that any of them is yet a viable winning D1 QB.  Maybe in time but not yet.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ZIPFAN21 said:

Building a team from the absolute bottom requires time and patience.  Unfortunately, you're not guaranteed success only hope.  This team will begin to blossom in 2022.  2019 was a disaster, absolute dumpster fire.  2020 was more competitive and the kids got better.  Now just need to keep them around and have them grow together.   One more year of learning and growing pains.  I think Nelson and Gibson will be at the top of the depth chart coming out of the spring.   Then Irons will get some looks in fall camp.   The bottomline is that the QB position is now a position of strength with the depth being built.  

It wasn't the absolute bottom. The absolute bottom was the way Ianello left it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZIPFAN21 said:

John if that happens then you lose 2-3 QBs. These QBs Gibson, Marousek and Janokowski are all young and need experience.   Nelson and Irons provide experience.  Bringing in a transfer at this position doesn't make sense to me.  Bringing in some mature lineman on both sides off the portal makes sense.  IMO

Bring em all.. we need it.. those QBs we have ain't ready.Will there be transfers? Yes.. heck look at Ohio St QBs.. I bet ya they loose 3 top QBs because they all can’t play at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...

The MAC did this hype video right!

Saturday, September 4 - at Auburn

Saturday, Septmber 11 - Temple

Saturday, September 18 - Bryant

Saturday, September 25 - at Ohio State

Saturday, October 2 - Ohio

Saturday, October 9 - at BUGS

Saturday, October 16 - at Fiami

Saturday, October 23 - Canada

Saturday, October 30 - Bye

Tuesday, November 2 - Ball Sweat

Tuesday, November 9 - at Western Michigan

Saturday, November 20 - Brimfield CC

Saturday, November 27 - at Toledo

Extremely difficult, but nice schedule.  I like having all Saturday games until when the weather starts turning nasty in November.  One gripe in that I prefer having the KSUcks game earlier in the season to take advantage of nice fall weather.  But we do have the Ohio game at home in early October, so that's nice.  Hopefully we'll have the weather cooperate for the October 23rd game -v- Buffalo.

Edited by Blue & Gold

44 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

IMO, Ohio's non-conference schedule is perfect:

home -v- Syracuse

home -v- Duquesne

at Louisiana

at Northwestern

It is a great OOC schedule.  The NW game stands out to me. If that is a Saturday game, the weekend could set up really nicely for OU Alumni. That weekend the Cubs play a weekend series against their arch rival St. Louis at Wrigley and there is a Friday afternoon game. My guess is OU could pull off an alumni weekend in the greater Chicago area. If you have never been there, NW has a really cool, old...and I mean old, stadium.

The luckiest woman in the world, Mrs. GP1, graduated from Miami.  A few years ago, they played Notre Dame and had an alumni weekend in Chicago that included a Friday afternoon Cubs game. On Saturday, the group took a private train to South Bend for the game. It was a really neat thing to do.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Z.I.P. said:

Will the New Mexico St game from last season ever be rescheduled?  I ask this after noticing the Aggies will be playing Hawaii TWICE this season -- home and away!  🥴  Never heard of such a thing!  🙃

I hope. I absolutely HATE our OOC schedule this year. Absolutely ridiculous facing both Ohio State and Auburn when our program is where it is right now. One perennial Top 3 team and another perennial Top 10. Really?!?! This could be laughable and devastating. I’m rather pissed.