2021 Schedule

Blue & Gold

11 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

Will the New Mexico St game from last season ever be rescheduled?  I ask this after noticing the Aggies will be playing Hawaii TWICE this season -- home and away!  🥴  Never heard of such a thing!  🙃

New Mexico State is starting to make a habit of this. They played the Liberty Flames twice in the regular season in both 2018 and 2019, with each team winning one game in 2018 and Liberty winning both in 2019.

• Like 1

Also from GT's article:

Looking at the practice field, it’s difficult to not notice 6-foot-6 quarterback D.J. Irons, junior college transfer from Iowa Central Community College.

His presence along with Kato Nelson, who returns after recovering from a shoulder injury and is 100 percent for the first time since 2019, and last year's starter Zach Gibson give UA a quarterback room with unique potential.

41 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

This isn't a good sign.  Tulsa shouldn't be taking positional coaches from us.  

Tulsa is from a better conference than the MAC.

They've played in 10 bowl games over the past 15 years, winning 6.

The Zips have played in 3, winning 1.

In their three bowl wins against MAC opponents, they've won by a combined 163-30. 

image.png

47 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Teon Dollard really likes him 😶

Being a Zips football fan ain't for wimps. 😑

Dollard, UA’s star running back, has been suspended from athletics but is still enrolled at the university, UA officials said.

“He’s suspended right now, and I’m not going to say any more than that,” UA Coach Tom Arth said Monday at a spring practice.  

Edited by Blue & Gold

7 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Dollard, UA’s star running back, has been suspended from athletics but is still enrolled at the university, UA officials said.

“He’s suspended right now, and I’m not going to say any more than that,” UA Coach Tom Arth said Monday at a spring practice.  

Poor decision making by this young man has ruined his life. Lets pray he pulls it together and moves in the right direction. Terrible loss for our backfield.

15 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Tulsa is from a better conference than the MAC.

They've played in 10 bowl games over the past 15 years, winning 6.

The Zips have played in 3, winning 1.

In their three bowl wins against MAC opponents, they've won by a combined 163-30. 

image.png

Whatever makes you feel better about losing position coaches to another G5 school.  

17 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

Whatever makes you feel better about losing position coaches to another G5 school.  

I can't find what their assistant salary pool is offhand, but their HC gets paid ~4x what Arth does at 1.7mm. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Everett at least doubled his salary. What would you do?

I hate to say this thought is creeping into my head, but can we really expect to ever be consistently competitive outside of our conference if we can't keep up financially with peers across the  country?

Edited by LZIp

15 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Hopefully they add liquor to the beer sales.  This feels like more of a whiskey than beer season.

• Sad 1