2021 Schedule

Blue & Gold

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Hey fellas,  If you were putting together a group outing which game would you pick?  Which game do you think will give Zips newbies the best experience? 

Sept. 11 -v- Temple

Sept. 18 -v- Bryant, or

Oct. 2 -v- Ohio?

Every time I think about, I fall asleep before I can decide. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Hey fellas,  If you were putting together a group outing which game would you pick?  Which game do you think will give Zips newbies the best experience? 

Sept. 11 -v- Temple

Sept. 18 -v- Bryant, or

Oct. 2 -v- Ohio?

Well, Bryant is without a doubt our best chance to win! The others aren’t bad either though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZippyRulz said:

Wow, I guess 56-yard FG's aren't good enough in the league 😐

Alcorn was also a pretty good punter, handling all kicking duties for the Zips for at least his senior year as I recall.  I think his versatility may have helped him get drafted (albeit barely 😃).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ZippyRulz said:

Wow, I guess 56-yard FG's aren't good enough in the league 😐

His college stats were actually not that great.  I think his ability top kick and punt was the reason he was drafted. 

Here are his FG tries which came out to 59.2%:

'89  5/16

'90  9/17

'91  13/17

'92  18/26

As a senior, he had a 49.6 avg on his punts...    He went on to kick more FG's (32) in one season in the Arena League than anyone else in history! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Would be quite an untimely loss for the Canadians. Imagine he might take a few players too.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-kansas-planning-to-finalize-deal-with-lance-leipold/

image.png

Looks like it's done.  I applaud the confidence, but I feel like we'll see Lance unemployed in 3-4 years.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 4:55 PM, Captain Kangaroo said:

Tulsa is from a better conference than the MAC.

They've played in 10 bowl games over the past 15 years, winning 6.

The Zips have played in 3, winning 1.

In their three bowl wins against MAC opponents, they've won by a combined 163-30. 

image.png

Tulsa's Zaven Collins picked #16 in the NFL draft last night. 

56 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I wouldn't worry if I was a Buffalo fan. They have apparently named their new interim HC. 

image.png

Not a bad move.  I mean...seriously, what could go wrong?......

Edit:  I hate to give ideas to the competition, but I think MAC athletic directors are so stupid they wouldn't know a good idea if it fell on their heads.  Why in the world wouldn't you take a deep breath and think about it for a few seconds? I mean, after a few minutes, the name Doc Holliday came to mind. He is a proven winner at the G5 level, out of work and may find it appealing to go to an established program and win some games next year then ride off into the sunset (no pun intended).  It would give UB a year to see how things shake out.

Edited by GP1

1 hour ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I wouldn't worry if I was a Buffalo fan. They have apparently named their new interim HC. 

image.png

At first I thought this was a sick joke, but I checked it out and those idiots have actually named this goof the interim head coach.

I wish him all the success in his new position that he enjoyed while at Akron.