2021 Schedule

Blue & Gold

I wish Lance success at Kansas. He has to be an extremely confident guy to go to the graveyard of coaches, but he just might change the culture of losing if they give him enough time.

3 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

tenor-178295474.gif

Wait! our archival actually puts out information on its football program? Now that cheating. Our sports information dept believes the least you know about the team the better. I think this is an effort to lessen the pain of losing and the dept is actually doing the humanitarian thing for all concerned. I'd hate to see the community pain we would all share if we were actually led to believe this team was getting better in the off-season. Gotta love their effort to make us feel better. I have it on good authority (I heard it from Meister in a bar) that our athletics administration plans an all-out media blitz for the Bryant game. They feel we might win one, but for the other games why risk it.  Sheer brilliance!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/13/2021 at 8:49 PM, LZIp said:

For real..they couldn't lend us a hand and give us NIU and/or EMU?? We literally drew the top 3 teams in the West.

I may have liked this schedule better a few years ago, although I am not sure I would like two non-conference potential top 10 teams on the road in any given season.

I really liked the original 2020 schedule coming off of an 0-12 year and may have wanted to take a small step up in competition this year compared to that had those 2020 games been played but this is a giant leap and we never got those games against the likes of UMass and NMSU to help out the development.

I had a feeling the MAC would load up on the Zips in terms of divisional crossover games. They want as many teams at the top with as good of a record as possible, maybe even get to generate some New Years Six buzz if a team goes undefeated. They want as few land mines in the top teams’ paths and the Zips are not seen as a major land mine right now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

I thought it funny that the young men Arth praised were our only P5 transfers. Think we only have 2. I don't think any JUCO transfers have really done anything the last couple years. We have not been active at all in the transfer portal and there are plenty of upperclassmen there. Arth mentions only 5 players have had spring ball. This is very concerning. Sorry men but you don't win much with nothing but Freshman and no upperclassmen to speak of.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

Only 102 days till our pounding of Auburn.

I pity the fools because they have no idea what's coming for them.

I'm so excited my belly button won't quit puckering and unpuckering

Meister, stop picking the lint out of your belly button! We have more important issues here like you chaperoning Zipoutsider to Auburn to cheer on our coaching staff. Reminder: check for weapons first.

• Haha 1

Fortunately we'll have the Monday following the Auburn game off due to it being Labor Day.  That affords me the opportunity of waiting till Tuesday to be mocked for being a fan of Zips Football. 

With the current state of our program, I think I can speak for Zips fans everywhere that we'd just like to thank whoever scheduled both Auburn and Ohio State.

tenor-58766265.gif

• 1 month later...