Sign in to follow this  
Blue & Gold

2021 Schedule

It’s very sad that the fans don’t get updated in nothing. I haven’t seen nothing on Twitter, school website, news paper etc. this is unbelievable to me. I think something has to change how do you support a team that the athletic department, social media don’t even support. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Zippy7373 said:

It’s very sad that the fans don’t get updated in nothing. I haven’t seen nothing on Twitter, school website, news paper etc. this is unbelievable to me. I think something has to change how do you support a team that the athletic department, social media don’t even support. 

Well said. I have nothing more, to add.

9 hours ago, Zippy7373 said:

Well, we do have the Beacon.  💣

Re the spring game, I feel like I've known for a while there wouldn't be open, at least open to the public. No insider info..I read or heard it somewhere.

The lack of media attention sucks! No doubt about it. No spring roster, no interviews, etc. It definitely hurts fan engagement IMO. However, I would assume its at least in large part due to budget cuts. People love shitting on UA sports (even more so football), but they took their share of budget cuts as well.

GO ZIPS does have interviews and write ups covering other sports.  The total absence of any communication from the football staff stinks.  Covid times are tough, but when things get tough, the tough get going.  Its time to suck it up, and act like they care.  

I’ve watched interviews with the other sports all spring. The last video I saw of Arth was the signing day one. We have saw a couple articles posted through the Beacon but nothing other than that. I know it’s crazy but it needs to change. We just want a weekly update if we can. Not talking about Ohio State coverage but the same coverage as our conference mates. Is that hard to ask for? Like some schools do position breakdowns and that’s a write up. Some people do coordinator interviews and that ain’t the whole spring just at the beginning. All these things don’t require you to have a full staff to do so. You need a SID and local paper or the same person that interview other sports 

3 hours ago, Zippy7373 said:

I’ve watched interviews with the other sports all spring. The last video I saw of Arth was the signing day one. We have saw a couple articles posted through the Beacon but nothing other than that. I know it’s crazy but it needs to change. We just want a weekly update if we can. Not talking about Ohio State coverage but the same coverage as our conference mates. Is that hard to ask for? Like some schools do position breakdowns and that’s a write up. Some people do coordinator interviews and that ain’t the whole spring just at the beginning. All these things don’t require you to have a full staff to do so. You need a SID and local paper or the same person that interview other sports 

I have saw your last two posts and you are spot on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As meaningless as it largely is, I enjoy reading other college coach's Twitter feeds hyping up the team and recruiting and what not. It's just cool to see and gets me excited. We have a few assistants that do some stuff, but nothing close to what other places do. This coaching staff has a serious identity problem. Nobody knows anything about them or their personalities, and therefore, the common Zip fan following social media has no reason to care. Maybe if they connected directly with the fans more, both sides would be more inclined to support each other. I don't know, I'm just bored by Akron football right now. 

• Like 3

Snark aside, I imagine whatever attendance requirement that is in place this fall will be greater than the amount of people normally attending a Zips game

52 minutes ago, Lee Adams said:

Has anybody heard what if any attendance restrictions will be in place this season? I e-mailed the ticket office last week and never got a reply.

They're a little overwhelmed right now so be patient.