Enrique Freeman

Blue & Gold

25 minutes ago, akronzips71 said:

You know, every time someone posts a title like: LCJ or ENRIQUE FREEMAN

All I can think of is he entered the transfer portal, got hurt, got expelled and so on.

Can you just do a better title that won't give me a heart attack?

A Zips fan’s glass of hemlock is always half full. ?

• 4 weeks later...

Enrique Freeman: MAC POY?! ?

“Updated MAC basketball statistics on a Sunday morning.  Zips Enrique Freeman: #1 in FG %..#1 in rebounding...#1 in blocked shots...#1 in defensive rebounding. Not bad for a walk on!”

-Joe Dunn (via Twitter)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Enrique Freeman: MAC POY?! ?

“Updated MAC basketball statistics on a Sunday morning.  Zips Enrique Freeman: #1 in FG %..#1 in rebounding...#1 in blocked shots...#1 in defensive rebounding. Not bad for a walk on!”

-Joe Dunn (via Twitter)

In the running for D POY. Wouldn't that be something?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1981 grad said:

And worth mentioning once during a national broadcast?  (I know beating a dead horse but I am still pissed LOL)

You, and us, should be pissed. The announcing was terrible. They ignored the game and multiple story lines that any professional team would have relished as fodder for enriching the broadcast. I like Dakich as a radio personality, but as an analyst he only cared about himself and his stories. He failed to make the game the story.

• Sad 1

Funny thing is that they all get game notes from the team.  That's why you hear the different away announcers say a lot of the same things about the Zips.  One of those things is the Freeman story.  They apparently missed the performance in front of them and the underlying story.  Good thing I don't have ESPNU.

As for the radio, I like the job Skoczen is doing.

13 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

You, and us, should be pissed. The announcing was terrible. They ignored the game and multiple story lines that any professional team would have relished as fodder for enriching the broadcast. I like Dakich as a radio personality, but as an analyst he only cared about himself and his stories. He failed to make the game the story.

The only part I liked about Dakich's commentary was that he talked up the MAC quite a bit. Other than that, it felt like he was barely watching the game as it was happening.

Edited by blueandgold

• 1 month later...

WOW. Just WOW.

And he is really a freshman, having played for 5 minutes last season.

And that is an All American honor already!

Coach better do whatever it takes to keep him happy. Wine, women, song, cars...

I think at this point he could literally play for any team in the country.

And he saved our bacon last night. Two monster boards when we really needed them, and a monster block on Plowden that let some of the air out of his tires.

And yes, Mballa is an animal. Wish we had him.