Game 9- BGSU

clarkwgriswold

2 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

This is the type of game when the Zips could use a gritty Channel Banks type to go at Turner.  It would be a good night to see Dailey use the defense skills we.re heard about.  His length could give Turner some trouble but I suspect he'll be matched up on one of their forwards.

It ended up being Greg Tribble.  I really like the D he played on Turner.

I was surprised to see Tribble in the game at the end but he is very athletic and played great defense.  I also want to compliment Ali.  He had a great game.  He played great defense and made a nice three and just always seems to be in the right position.  He even got to play a little guard tonight bringing the ball up at the end of the game.  He has really improved from last year.   I know the game was sloppy but I thought we played great the last 8 minutes when we put the game away.  I also thought Reese had his best game of the year.  I would like to see him get more minutes because he has the best post up moves of any of the Zips.  We need inside scoring.  Lastly, I am glad we did not get Swingle.  He did not score and Freeman just ate him up on the boards.  (That's a lot of eating)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, akronzips71 said:

BTW he leads the MAC in rebounding and the team in blocked shots. A walk on. Go figure.

Could be a shot at defensive player of the year in the MAC.

And probably not known to a lot of people He also leads the MAC in field goal percentage. 71%. It's not all about where you start and this kid has a ton of heart. 

• Like 1