Who should we hire to replace Arth?

Hilltopper

1 hour ago, RowdyZip said:

I don't think opponents have been announced for next year, but if our MAC West schedule is favorable, I could maybe see 5 wins.

@Clemson (L)

vs Temple (L)

vs Bryant (W)

@ OSU (L)

vs OU (W) maybe?

vs Kent (L)

@ Miami (L)

@ BG (W) maybe?

vs Buffalo (L)

3 games vs MAC West NIU and EMU will be beatable again.  Central is improving and I don't see us being competitive with Toledo/WMU/Ball State.

Well unfortunately we drew all of Toledo/WMU/Ball State. Bryant and BG are our two most surefire wins. Temple has had a ton of turnover and had a very bad year last season., they could be a game we pull off. We could also (and I expect) 1 or 2 upsets in MAC play. 2 wins worst case scenario, 5 wins best case scenario is was we are looking at I think.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 8:56 AM, RowdyZip said:

I don't think opponents have been announced for next year, but if our MAC West schedule is favorable, I could maybe see 5 wins.

@Clemson (L)

vs Temple (L)

vs Bryant (W)

@ OSU (L)

vs OU (W) maybe?

vs Kent (L)

@ Miami (L)

@ BG (W) maybe?

vs Buffalo (L)

3 games vs MAC West NIU and EMU will be beatable again.  Central is improving and I don't see us being competitive with Toledo/WMU/Ball State.

The Clemson game was supposed to be this year...

In 2021 we have  @ Auburn -- 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The truth is likely right in the middle. Staff doing what they can, but hamstrung by limited resources would be my best guess. It doesn't matter who we have as HC if we can't afford to keep up with our peers on a assistant coach salaries!

6 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

Lol

Congratulations to coach Bowden and the ULM sports information dept for putting out something different and fun. It shows there is excitement for the program. Do you think there's a lesson in this for our SID? Maybe it is communication engages the public, who may want to see your team perform. That may get people excited to actually buy tickets. Just a thought. 

Let's just keep doing nothing for football and then make every excuse we can except that those who run and support football are doing nothing. Brilliant!

2 hours ago, zippy5 said:

I hope we never post anything like that. Looks like it came from the Onion. How does watching a 65 year old man cast his line over and over get anyone excited for football?

Some people are going to be impressed by this; most of their line weigh in the 300 pound range.

ULM is doing quite a bit and have some enthusiasm. 

https://twitter.com/CoachTBowden/status/1394008415844896770

@CoachTBowden: ...and proud of it‼️ 

#LouisianaByGodMonroe #TalonsOut https://t.co/qhvjgtXUhb

They have hosted a few other coaches to do instruction for the coaching staff (Rick Trickett, Pete Jenkins, can't remember the third), have coaches on Shreveport radio every week, and have a billboard ad campaign happening statewide. 

They also have a transfer portal camp next month, in addition to high school camps, and oh, Rich Rod has his little podcast (Hard Edge Football.)

Remind me what Akron has been doing over the last 6 months?

I understand Dollard is back & got guy from Michigan St & Gest back another year and Norril, not sure if I spelled right.  From what I understand RB’s are ok, Zips biggest problem is over half the roster is freshman because of Covid rules and most the upper classmen have transferred, so they will hopefully start to show some progress over the next couple of years.  Time will tell