Who should we hire to replace Arth?

Hilltopper

2 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

Like I said, what is Akron doing? I would be happy to talk about their activities if they had any.

I don't care to get into that rabbit hole of love Bowden, hate Arth or love Arth, hate Bowden. I just want some engaging information on next season's football team. We get nothing and it is obvious it is planned that way. So why? How can that strategy possibly help rebuild our program. I'm not into conspiracy theories, but I have to admit that I have given thought that Miller and the board of trustees may want to scrap football so they are trying to reduce any interest in the team. I think it's sad to even debate that possibility.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

I don't care to get into that rabbit hole of love Bowden, hate Arth or love Arth, hate Bowden. I just want some engaging information on next season's football team. We get nothing and it is obvious it is planned that way. So why? How can that strategy possibly help rebuild our program. I'm not into conspiracy theories, but I have to admit that I have given thought that Miller and the board of trustees may want to scrap football so they are trying to reduce any interest in the team. I think it's sad to even debate that possibility.

This is exactly the point. I, and I think others share what Bowden is doing to demonstrate you don't need a large budget to be actively trying to engage the community.

The fishing videos? Recruits are probably not the audience, the community is. There seems to be so little community engagement from Arth.a G5 program head coach has to be part coach, part community engagement director. 

This isn't a Bowden vs. Arth thing to me, because Arth isn't doing anything, honestly. It's a what are the Zips doing at all thing. 

72Roo floats a conspiracy. Although I don't know if I agree, I do think the lack of commitment from the administration is palpable and give pause to wonder what is going on.

• 2 months later...
On 5/16/2021 at 5:10 PM, zipsoutsider said:

ULM is doing quite a bit and have some enthusiasm. 

https://twitter.com/CoachTBowden/status/1394008415844896770

@CoachTBowden: ...and proud of it‼️ 

#LouisianaByGodMonroe #TalonsOut https://t.co/qhvjgtXUhb

They have hosted a few other coaches to do instruction for the coaching staff (Rick Trickett, Pete Jenkins, can't remember the third), have coaches on Shreveport radio every week, and have a billboard ad campaign happening statewide. 

They also have a transfer portal camp next month, in addition to high school camps, and oh, Rich Rod has his little podcast (Hard Edge Football.)

Remind me what Akron has been doing over the last 6 months?

AT&T Stadium?  That's impressive.  Does Akron do anything with the NFL Hall of Fame?  

16 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

Yes.

Many people from Akron visit the NFL Hall of Fame.

I was asking if the university uses the NFL Hall of Fame as a destination/background for events (like ULM uses AT&T Stadium).  

6 minutes ago, Cykron said:

I was asking if the university uses the NFL Hall of Fame as a destination/background for events (like ULM uses AT&T Stadium).  

Can’t answer if Arth uses it or not.  On official visits during the Bowden area they took the recruit & family to the Hall of Fame

• Like 2