Game 11- WMU

clarkwgriswold

The Zips head off to Kalamazoo Saturday to face WMU @ 5pm.  May we have a moment of silence in honor of Steve Hawkins please?

The Hawkins-less Broncos are 2-8, having wins over CMU and Adrian (yo Adrian!).  Their top 2 leading scorers from last season, Michael Flowers and Brandon Johnson, bailed on WMU in the off-season after Hawkins was shown the door.  6’0” sophomore guard B.Artis White leads the Broncos with 14.8 ppg. 6’9” senior forward Greg Lee leads rebounding at 7.4 rpg while scoring 9.7 ppg. 

12 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I thought Slate did a nice job on the last Zips game he called. He obviously knows the players and coaches in today’s MAC really well.  And I liked his coach point of view.

He’s no Michael Reghi, but who is??

Looks like this will only be on the radio.

14 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I thought Slate did a nice job on the last Zips game he called. He obviously knows the players and coaches in today’s MAC really well.  And I liked his coach point of view.

He’s no Michael Reghi, but who is??

In all seriousness, French (as a neutral observer) should replace Reghi on ESPN+.

Edited by ZippyRulz

10 minutes ago, ZippyRulz said:

In all seriousness, French (as a neutral observer) should replace Reghi on ESPN+.

I'd be perfectly content with Jacki Windon sitting next to an empty chair.  I can see what the play by play guy tells me and don't need the incessant cliches.  

I'd pay for technology that allowed me to listen to some announcers on broadcasts while cutting out the others.

To Reghi's credit, I've grown a little accustomed to him.  I suspect I've just gotten used to it rather than him having improved.  Next to some of those we've been subjected to in ESPN+ road games, he's freaking Curt Gowdy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I'd be perfectly content with Jacki Windon sitting next to an empty chair.  I can see what the play by play guy tells me and don't need the incessant cliches.  

I'd pay for technology that allowed me to listen to some announcers on broadcasts while cutting out the others.

Agree with this part. As it is, I unfortunately don't listen to Jacki because the sound is turned off when it's MR.

Game day!

Looks like they've finally identified the #2 on offense we clamoured for.  It took Trimble a little time to come up to speed after a year off but he now appears to be at full stride.  Hopefully, Dailey is just taking a little longer and will come around in what is now becoming mid-season.  Wynn appears to be coming up to speed and I am curious to see if his role increases.  It's also that time in the season where rotations start to get ironed down and I am curious to see who settles in and who starts getting more time on the bench.  This team is so deep that some worthwhile players are unfortunately going to start doing more sitting.

I wouldn't mind getting an early lead and letting Clarke run the offense a bit with Dailey on the floor. Let some non-LCJ chemistry build and force Dailey to take on more of a leadership role. 

I REALLY wouldn't mind seeing Currie, Aziz, Dawson, Wynn, and Clarke on the floor late (assuming we're up double digits).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Game day!

Looks like they've finally identified the #2 on offense we clamoured for.  It took Trimble a little time to come up to speed after a year off but he now appears to be at full stride.  Hopefully, Dailey is just taking a little longer and will come around in what is now becoming mid-season.  Wynn appears to be coming up to speed and I am curious to see if his role increases.  It's also that time in the season where rotations start to get ironed down and I am curious to see who settles in and who starts getting more time on the bench.  This team is so deep that some worthwhile players are unfortunately going to start doing more sitting.

Remember Groces first year! Lucas Smith.  Still managed to get to Cleveland  

15 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Remember Groces first year! Lucas Smith.  Still managed to get to Cleveland  

Lucas was one of my favorites.  That kid, fresh out the rec center, worked his *** off on behalf of an undermanned squad, facing up against post players who were 4 or 5 inches taller.  That kid had heart.

32 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I wouldn't mind getting an early lead and letting Clarke run the offense a bit with Dailey on the floor. Let some non-LCJ chemistry build and force Dailey to take on more of a leadership role. 

I REALLY wouldn't mind seeing Currie, Aziz, Dawson, Wynn, and Clarke on the floor late (assuming we're up double digits).

You would hope this would be that kind of game.  WMU has lost its last two, to PCCC and Canada, by 26 in each game and have had their last two games postponed.  That being said, I'm not making any predictions.  NIU and EMU have won a combined 2 games in the MAC and they were against a common opponent.  Hmmm.

6 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

You would hope this would be that kind of game.  WMU has lost its last two, to PCCC and Canada, by 26 in each game and have had their last two games postponed.  That being said, I'm not making any predictions.  NIU and EMU have won a combined 2 games in the MAC and they were against a common opponent.  Hmmm.

Here we go again.  Keep letting these garbage teams believe they are special.

Edited by NWAkron