Game 11- WMU

clarkwgriswold

4 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

I like Dawsons energy on defense and he made a nice layup.  I would like to see him out there more with that type of energy on defense.  Glad to see the Zips pushing the ball inside.

Exactly.  That's how they should use the depth.  If you are cold, take a seat and we'll find someone who isn't.

LCJ took control of the offense in the second half and he is a big reason we won this game.  Really happy to see Dawson with all that energy on defense.  He played a great deal in the 2nd half and deserved every minute.  I also thought that Tribble brought energy to this team that was sorely missing.  I have complained about Dailey before and I will say it again, I just don't think he should be a starter.  He and Trimble have the same game, 3 point shots from the wing.  When our 3 perimeter players are not hitting it is all on LCJ and Freeman on the pick and roll.  Dailey is also not a great rebounder and not a great defender.  I will be curious if Dawson can repeat next game.  

This team is good. I don't think they're at more than 70% of their potential, but the components are there. 

Dawson had himself a game, especially late in that second half. He really put the lid on this one with his effort and big shots. 

Freeman is amazing. What a find. Agreed on looking forward to the video of him getting a scholarship someday. 

LCJ's jersey will hang in the rafters one day. That man is the little engine that could. He put this program on his back and is carrying it as far as he can. It has been an honor to watch him in a Zips uniform, and what an incredible find by Groce. 

Props to the entire team for making the necessary adjustments at halftime. It's still refreshing to see actual halftime adjustments after a subpar first half. 

Go Zips!

• Like 3

TCB!!!! Took care of business again, that was as much like a Team 119 (2019-2020 Zips team) game that I think we've seen. In fact, the last 3 games have been like last year's team. Take care of business when you need to, whether on the road against good teams or hosting bad teams or vice versa. They just played 3 very similar games in a short amount of time against all sorts of opponents, and won 4 in 8 days. That's hard to do in MAC play. 

We're starting to see this team get better and better and figure each other out, winning games like these last 3 the way they have without looking spectacular is the sign of a damn good team, and we can all agree that they can still be much better. 

Enjoy LCJ while we have him, that could be said every game. He's a special player and a special person, I hope the U maintains a good relationship with him after he's gone, he'll coach a lot of really good players some day.

We finally got the Dawson game!!! He was a big get going in to last year and I'm hoping he is starting to get the hang of game action. He's got the body and basic skill set to be really good in the MAC. He, along with guys like Clarke and Marshall, maybe even Wynn, if you get a couple of positive contributions per game from them, you're DANGEROUS. 

Keep it rolling. Beat EMU!

• Like 2