2021 Zips spring mens soccer schedule

https://gozips.com/news/2021/1/25/akron-announces-2021-spring-mens-soccer-schedule.aspx

Due to current university COVID-19 protocols, family members and friends of the players and coaches, as well as fans, will not be permitted to attend on-campus events, including Akron men's soccer games until further notice.

The University of Akron is following the Summit County Stay at Home Health Advisory issued by Summit County Executive Ilene Shapiro and Summit County Health Commissioner Donna Skoda.

58 minutes ago, malonepioneer12 said:

That is disappointing.....Summit County probably won’t change anything until 2022.     Why can’t you be outside with a mask?  Family can’t even watch?  That is ridiculous. 

Also why not let those who can produce a COVID vaccination card attend any athletic event, especially one outside and wearing masks to set a good example?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Spin said:

^unfortunately that's probably based in part with David Egbo being listed on their roster.

Perhaps, but as in the past, I'm sure someone else will step up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2021 at 6:03 PM, Spin said:

^unfortunately that's probably based in part with David Egbo being listed on their roster.

Egbo was drafted January 21st. 

TopDrawer rankings published February 1st.

Even TD was aware Egbo was drafted. ?

On 2/1/2021 at 6:03 PM, Spin said:

2017 was David Egbo's freshman campaign, in which he he registered 1g and 4a.

I am betting the OVER on Jason Shokalook's 2021 freshman season production.

Mind you, I am not claiming that Shokalook is superior player to Egbo. 

I already miss David.

I am just saying that TDS is quite aware of Shokalook and his impact.

You should take note (and take heart) as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

Egbo was drafted January 21st. 

TopDrawer rankings published February 1st.

Even TD was aware Egbo was drafted. ?

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-articles/di-mens-championship-spring-contenders_aid48990

in this premium article (published before their top 25 was released), this is what they wrote about Akron(see writeup below in bold)

My comments about their writeup...and some of my comments on where the zips will find production up top...are in non bold below

top drawer soccer was very aware.....that David was in the pros.

very poor writeup by TDS.   They could have written that Jason Shokalook is an incoming freshman that they had ranked as one of the 50 recruits in the country.

They also could have written that Akron transfer Tonny Temple (from NC State) was a 4 star Top drawer soccer recruit when he committed to NC State

as fknbuflobo and Zip_ME87 have both commented, Akron has the players that can step up at the forward position.

I have always been a huge fan of what Diogo Pacheco can do on a soccer field (when he is healthy)

The coaches will find the best lineup.....but Diogo feeding passes in from the left side.....to a combination of Jason Shokalook and Tonny Temple.....sounds very promising to me....

I also think that Will Jackson .....will show a lot of improvement from his first year

Good wishes to Egg-ie....in Vancouver.....but the cupboard is not bare in Akron

AKRON

Another side that should be talented and young, Akron is set to start the season without David Egbo, picked up by the Vancouver Whitecaps. Provided that the team can replace his quality up front – and there are options – players like Colin Biros, Daniel Strachan and Carlo Ritaccio give the team a solid spine that will be very competitive.

• Like 2

your starting 11........

Will Jackson, Ryan Combe, Colin Biros, Dyson Clapier and Pol Hernandez in the front row

Wil Meyer, Sam Tojaga, Henrique Cruz, Carlo Ritaccio,  ???? (going to need to help with 2nd from the right) and Diogo Pacheco

Go, Zips

19 minutes ago, TennZip said:

your starting 11........

Will Jackson, Ryan Combe, Colin Biros, Dyson Clapier and Pol Hernandez in the front row

Wil Meyer, Sam Tojaga, Henrique Cruz, Carlo Ritaccio,  ???? (going to need to help with 2nd from the right) and Diogo Pacheco

Go, Zips

Marco Milanese #4

Edited by Zip_ME87

On 1/26/2021 at 8:56 AM, slowroll said:

Does anyone know if they plan to stream home games? That would be some consolation.

I hope. The ball games were last spring. No announcer or anything, just a student with a tripod. Some didn't have audio IIRC. Still much better than nothing.

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-articles/freshmen-to-watch-in-mens-spring-season_aid49014

Jason recognized as a freshman to watch

Jason Shokalook, Akron

With David Egbo’s departure for a contract with Vancouver Whitecaps, Shokalook is one of a handful of players to pick up the slack. It’s not all going to fall on the shoulders of the former Internationals standout, with Tonny Temple and Will Jackson also likely to be in the mix. Shokalook scored goals for fun in the Development Academy, and his progress could be significant for a Zips team that has quality at the back and midfield.

• Like 2