Game 14- Toledo

clarkwgriswold

This game just showed me that LCJ is our biggest problem. All he’s cares about is scoring and getting as many shots up as his little arms can handle. Getting tired of watching him dribble the shot clock away and forcing up bad shots. If Trimble isn’t making catch n shoot bailout threes we’re bad. LCJ’s play style doesn’t allow any other zip to get in any kind of rhythm. Also questionable coaching decision leaving Maishe in down the stretch. He hasn’t been good at all watched him miss easy lay ups and give poor defensive effort on a consistent basis this year. Hate watching bad basketball. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Toledo seems to have had the advantage all year.  they got more games in and only loss in MAC is by one point in OT.    Just too bad Zips weren't ready for EMU and NIU.  Those two losses will haunt rest of the season.  

The Rockets have the Zips number. I wouldn’t worry too much about the Rockets in the MAC Tournament they always dissolve.

22 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Toledo seems to have had the advantage all year.  they got more games in and only loss in MAC is by one point in OT.    Just too bad Zips weren't ready for EMU and NIU.  Those two losses will haunt rest of the season.  

The Rockets have the Zips number. I wouldn’t worry too much about the Rockets in the MAC Tournament they always dissolve.

Edited by monrowe
Submitted twice

8 minutes ago, Bigzip1 said:

This game just showed me that LCJ is our biggest problem. All he’s cares about is scoring and getting as many shots up as his little arms can handle. Getting tired of watching him dribble the shot clock away and forcing up bad shots. If Trimble isn’t making catch n shoot bailout threes we’re bad. LCJ’s play style doesn’t allow any other zip to get in any kind of rhythm. Also questionable coaching decision leaving Maishe in down the stretch. He hasn’t been good at all watched him miss easy lay ups and give poor defensive effort on a consistent basis this year. Hate watching bad basketball. 

Ouch.

14 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

Bleep Kent

Zips at least catch a break as Kent's Nuga - who has been a strong Robin to Pippen's Batman - is apparently out for the season with an injury. That's 18 points a game gone. DNP vs. Miami as Kent had several 4-5 minute stretches without scoring. Don't think any other guard at Kent is averaging more than 8-pts a game.

10 minutes ago, Bigzip1 said:

This is what we call a "bad take" here on the internet

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, monrowe said:

Agree with that.  They are choke monsters.  I think there will be a tournament.  The schools are letting some fans into the games, and I think it would be just completely rotten to take that away from the players two years in a row.  It's a seeding issue at this point.  

And, yes, they do have Zips #.  The last 3 games against the Zips they've scored over 90 points.  Houston, we have a problem.

Edited by NWAkron
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoyalBlu said:

Zips at least catch a break as Kent's Nuga - who has been a strong Robin to Pippen's Batman - is apparently out for the season with an injury. That's 18 points a game gone. DNP vs. Miami as Kent had several 4-5 minute stretches without scoring. Don't think any other guard at Kent is averaging more than 8-pts a game.

Interesting, I don't recall seeing that

17 minutes ago, Bigzip1 said:

He pressed a little hard at times tonight but he also appeared to be the only Zip that made the trip.

• Like 2

We beat ourselves tonight. That game was there for the taking and just like the NIU and EMU games, we let a less talented team just have it. Maybe all the early whistles got in our heads and hampered any defensive intensity, but we have to find a way to overcome and deal with adversity on the road. This team really does not like playing away from the JAR. Better get it figured out before Kent State.

3 minutes ago, ZippyforPresident said:

We beat ourselves tonight. That game was there for the taking and just like the NIU and EMU games, we let a less talented team just have it. Maybe all the early whistles got in our heads and hampered any defensive intensity, but we have to find a way to overcome and deal with adversity on the road. This team really does not like playing away from the JAR. Better get it figured out before Kent State.

i wouldn't call Toledo less-talented.  They may just be the better team this year.  Their record proves that.

• Like 3

@zippy5 You must be a casual basketball guy. You see a 30 point game and think “great game” when it’s actually killing the chemistry. I’ve never once seen our “Point guard” try to consistently get his teammates involved it’s always score score score with him. It’s hard to get maximum energy and effort defensively from the 4other guys when they know it’s a slim chance they’ll get to touch it on the other end. Last year if you payed attention LCJ’s pts came within the flow of our offense this year he’s just forcing it. It shows the most when our shooters have cold nights. He had 30 on almost 30 shots you could have done that tonight given the opportunity lol

13 minutes ago, Bigzip1 said:

@zippy5 You must be a casual basketball guy. You see a 30 point game and think “great game” when it’s actually killing the chemistry. I’ve never once seen our “Point guard” try to consistently get his teammates involved it’s always score score score with him. It’s hard to get maximum energy and effort defensively from the 4other guys when they know it’s a slim chance they’ll get to touch it on the other end. Last year if you payed attention LCJ’s pts came within the flow of our offense this year he’s just forcing it. It shows the most when our shooters have cold nights. He had 30 on almost 30 shots you could have done that tonight given the opportunity lol

You talking about the guy that's 9th in the country in assists per game?

I might take the argument seriously if you didn't state he was our biggest problem. That's a joke. I'll ignore the personal dig as well.

Edited by zippy5
  • Like 4

@zippy5 I don’t feel like looking up his usage rate right now but I’m pretty sure it’s higher than 95% of division 1 guards. You pound the rock for 15-20 seconds, finally dish to a semi open shooter for a catch n shoot attempt late in the shot clock you will get some assists lol our shooters aren’t bad they’re just off and on like most shooters, not to mention the assists he gets off teams overplaying ball screens. Our other guards have no chance to get any rhythm going they’re being forced to stand in the corner watch and hope he kicks the ball. 

actually that wasn’t a dig at all I’m just trying to put things in perspective for you. I think most of the guys on our roster could have went for 30 on the same amount of shots he took tonight.

Completely different team and  if he wants to have team success this year he’s going to have to change his approach. Don’t know if that’s what he’s in it for right now, he’ll be able to get the individual accolades again this season if he keeps this up but we’ll be done in early March 

10 minutes ago, Bigzip1 said:

Completely different team and  if he wants to have team success this year he’s going to have to change his approach. Don’t know if that’s what he’s in it for right now, he’ll be able to get the individual accolades again this season if he keeps this up but we’ll be done in early March 

BigZip1:  frankly, i like a differing point of view.  But you are only 20 posts in and are doing some serious trolling of the Zips top player.