Game 14- Toledo

clarkwgriswold

23 hours ago, The Hip Zip said:

We have more depth 1-12 but Todd K does indeed have a better all around starting 5 in my opinion.

You're a fool if you disagree with Hip Zip in regards to basketball.

I just can't believe how weakly Maishe Dailey's been playing.  Coming into the season I thought he and LCJ were gonna be a tandem that would send chills down the spines of the MAC.  But last night Maishe had 4 points, 2 rebounds, and 1 assist.  I thought he was going to be a 2nd Team All-MAC-type player.  If Maishe would play like we know... think... hope he's capable of I'd take our starting 5.  But with Maishe essentially being little more than a warm body... yeah.  Hip Zips's right.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I just can't believe how weakly Maishe Dailey's been playing.  Coming into the season I thought he and LCJ were gonna be a tandem that would send chills down the spines of the MAC.  But last night Maishe had 4 points, 2 rebounds, and 1 assist.  I thought he was going to be a 2nd Team All-MAC-type player.  If Maishe would play like we know... think... hope he's capable of I'd take our starting 5.  But with Maishe essentially being little more than a warm body... yeah.  Hip Zips's right.

Maishe averaged 3.5 ppg in 3 years at Iowa. Not sure what indicated he'd be a star in the MAC, especially after sitting out a year.

6 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

Maishe averaged 3.5 ppg in 3 years at Iowa. Not sure what indicated he'd be a star in the MAC, especially after sitting out a year.

I just remembered how he performed in high school & thought Groce would get the most out of him.  I thought Groce's positivity & green lights & long leashes & uptempo style would be great for Maishe.

55 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I'm with you. I anticipated that Dailey and Currie would both be major contributors. Wow have I been disappointed.  I kept thinking Dailey would eventually break out but it's just not happening.

18 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I'm with you. I anticipated that Dailey and Currie would both be major contributors. Wow have I been disappointed.  I kept thinking Dailey would eventually break out but it's just not happening.

Yeah! Currie was another one I thought would be a big time contributor right off the bat!  Shows what I know. ?

13 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I said this before but Dailey has not been very good on the road.  I liked that he slashed to the basket early 2 times even though he could not finish at the basket.  I wish he would have kept slashing to the basket but he only put up 5 shots.  The starting lineup needs a consistent second scorer, like Cheese   I just wonder if Groce will pull him as a starter at some point during the season.

21 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

I said this before but Dailey has not been very good on the road.  I liked that he slashed to the basket early 2 times even though he could not finish at the basket.  I wish he would have kept slashing to the basket but he only put up 5 shots.  The starting lineup needs a consistent second scorer, like Cheese   I just wonder if Groce will pull him as a starter at some point during the season.

I think we are at or past the "some point " stage.  Different players,  different look, just can't exchange any of the guys this year for Cheese and Banks.

• Like 1

I think the more likely scenario is that Maishe continues to start but his minutes continue to diminish with guys like Wynn and Dawson taking over more and more of his minutes.  It may have already started.  In his last 5 games his minute shave gone 25, 22, 24, 19, 18.

He must be one hell of a practice player.

Edited by clarkwgriswold