Star Struck

For all you star struck folks out there that put so much emphasis on how many stars are in front of an athletes name, I want you to look at both rosters for tomorrow's Super Bowl. You will be shocked at how few are 4 & 5 star guys and how many unranked ,yes, ZERO star players are on the rosters. Just backs my theory , the majority of the 4-5 stars are for the overhype boys.

A good article on it, and a good quote, imo.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/national-signing-day-2021-alabama-usc-and-texas-a-m-among-winners-as-new-staffs-struggled/

Recruits of the two- or three-star variety vastly outnumber the four- and five-star recruits, annually. For reference, 247Sports typically awards somewhere between 30 and 35 players five-star status every cycle. Another 300 or so prospects earn four-star recognition. Meanwhile, there are literally thousands of high school and junior college football players. The odds of a two-star or three-star (or unranked) player starting in the Super Bowl are better simply because there are significantly more of them on record.

59 minutes ago, John Ward said:

For all you star struck folks out there that put so much emphasis on how many stars are in front of an athletes name, I want you to look at both rosters for tomorrow's Super Bowl. You will be shocked at how few are 4 & 5 star guys and how many unranked ,yes, ZERO star players are on the rosters. Just backs my theory , the majority of the 4-5 stars are for the overhype boys.

I personally don’t think it’s necessarily about the stars, if they get the stars they probably athletically deserve them, but doesn’t mean they can handle 16 hour days of classes, practices, lifts, films, study tables, doesn’t mean they can take coaching or work well with others. Just my opinion

• Like 2