Kentucky - away game on Thursday Feb. 25

this does not directly relate to the Kentucky game.

However, I had not seen this 5 minute interview with Coach Embick (before the Pittsburgh game)

so, I thought that I would post it here...to help all of us become familiar with the new names

I admit....after listening to these 2 interviews...I would not feel confident predicting a starting lineup.

in the interview below, Coach Embick says that Daniel and Carlo could be the best centerback duo in the country.   Also mentions that they are both captains.

I was expecting that Carlo and Marco Milanese would be the 2 starting centerbacks?   Coach Embick praised Nick Scott and Tonny Temple in first video.  I am not sure where they will line up on the field.      One thing that I know....is that I have faith in Coach Embick, Ger and Michael Nanchoff to make wise decisions.  Go, Zips !!!

As Coach Embick mentioned, Kentucky was able to play soccer in the fall.

He also mentioned that Kentucky has a 7-1 record.

Here are their results:

Fall:

1-0 LOSS at Notre Dame

4-2 home win over Duke

3-1 home win over Louisville

2-1 home win in overtime over Central Arkansas

3-1 home win over Mercer

2-0 home win over UAB

Spring

2-1 overtime win at home over Xavier

1-0 overtime win on the road against Duke

2 hours ago, MDZip said:

Nice broadcast. Is there something new this year? I notice the clock is counting up.

The NCAA made he change before this season.

I wonder who realized they were doing it backwards with the rest of the world...

And it ends 1-1 after two OT periods.

Not a bad start on the road against a top 20 7-1-0 team.

Scoring:

14:33 Akron Pacheco unassisted 

69:49 KY Lindlow assists Bjorgolfsson, Asensio

• Like 1

really nice to see so many people posting....

Diogo Pacheco was my man of the match.   

next 2 games  against Marshall and Bowling Green are going to be huge.

I believe that top drawer soccer has Marshall ranked higher than Kentucky (Marshall 9 ; Kentucky 12)

Marshall host Bowling Green this Saturday.  That will be an interesting game for the next 2 opponents of the zips.

Bowling Green is looking like they are going to be a very tough MAC opener.

In exhibition play, Bowling Green defeated Xavier 2-0  (of course, Xavier lost 2-1 in overtime in their regular season opener to Kentucky)

in BG's regular season opener, they defeated Dayton 3-2 (Zips played Dayton in an exhibition game)

in BG's 2nd game, they went on the road and defeated Syracuse 2-1....beating an ACC team on the road....is not easy

after playing Marshall this Saturday, BG will play Kentucky on March 2nd.    

Edited by TennZip
additional info
  • Like 1

I loved our first half. Complete domination. That was good, old-fashioned Zips' soccer. But then I was disappointed as Kentucky really controlled the 2nd half. Does anyone know what adjustments they made?

The first OT was a draw, but we seemed to really control the 2nd OT & Kentucky seemed glad to come away with the draw.

Someone already mentioned this, but Kentucky’s goal felt more like an (un)fortunate bounce than a skillful goal.

This was the first I’ve seen the team play this year, but I’ll take an effort like that first half any day!

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, TennZip said:

really nice to see so many people posting....

I don't post here often. I've been a soccer fan since the old ASL Cleveland Cobras, then the Force, Crunch, and Invaders playing indoor. I talked to Mike Sweeney a lot and went to his team's games, the D3 Cleveland Caps. But I don't have enough knowledge (or enough confidence in my knowledge) of the strategies. So I just read a lot.

For awhile I thought I was the only one on the forum so I posted some updates.  

They look solid to me. Maybe with the Gov opening sporting events up a little, we can get back to the games.

• Like 3