Class of '22 Verbal Commits

1 hour ago, bigjim said:

A 2018 Two star recruit per 247.  Unless he sat out for a season (or two), he would be coming in next year as a senior.  Could he be added to the team and roster this season?  If anyone has any additional details and facts, please chime in.

I did a little more digging on Williams.  He was not on the roster at UCF in 2018 per the UCF website.  In 2019, he was on the Butler roster but only played in 4 our of 13 games.  I believe he had a total of 5 tackles.  Also, it looked like he was at 328 lbs. for that season.  Butler did not  play in the fall of 2020, but their season was moved until spring 2021 because of Covid.  I did not see Malcolm Williams on the roster in the spring of this year.  So, for the 3 football seasons since he left high school, he has played 4 games in one season.  I cannot see him being an impact player, if he even makes it to the Akron campus.   

2 hours ago, bigjim said:

Mullix has zero stars and offers from Akron and UT Martin.  His HUDL film looks pretty good, but we do not know the level of competition.  

Same HS as Mike Mathison and recent commit Montarious Reed. I don't recognize many schools on their schedule with the exception of Grayson, who I think is a powerhouse. With that said, I think its big HS ball/good competition. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2021 at 6:13 PM, Blue & Gold said:

According to Rivals, he had offers from Dartmouth, Georgetown, Penn, Princeton, and Yale. 

Is that an indication of what this kid's intellectuals are like? His featured video on Rivals would also indicate this kid is quite intelligent; good decisions, smooth, calm, collected. 

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

According to Rivals, he had offers from Dartmouth, Georgetown, Penn, Princeton, and Yale. 

Is that an indication of what this kid's intellectuals are like? His featured video on Rivals would also indicate this kid is quite intelligent; good decisions, smooth, calm, collected. 

Watch Titletown, it’s a good watch.  All the other offers are roster spots, they don’t have athletic scholarships but good academic schools

15 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Well, this hurts.  This guy's tape is fantastic. He's a wrecking ball.  

*Initial post updated 😪

A bit of a bummer based on his film. He doesn't have any other D1 offers at the point per his twitter, so who knows of the circumstances behind the decison.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 8:41 AM, LZIp said:

A bit of a bummer based on his film. He doesn't have any other D1 offers at the point per his twitter, so who knows of the circumstances behind the decison.

I think you're spot on, LZip.  As far as I can tell he's only picked up offers from Mercer and Stetson, so, no offense to him, but it doesn't look like we're missing out here.  Though his tape is top notch; dude's a real football player.  I'm sure he'll excel at a lower level.