Class of '22 Verbal Commits

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Blue & Gold said:

Coach JoeMo's first verbal commit!

6'6" DE.

Went to MSU with Moorhead, left after his departure and transferred to Memphis. Now is coming to Akron to reunite with Moorhead. Had offers from Louisville, Memphis, and Mississippi State out of high school. Big kid.

2 hours ago, bigjim said:

Sorry, I have been traveling and out of the loop for the last several days.  Have the Zips signed anyone during this early period in which 80 - 90% of the high players sign their LOI?

I was told by one of the recruits Akron pulled all their offers when they let Arth go.  You have seen a few of them sign elsewhere.  

• Sad 1

Like what I am seeing so far. I believe both Wiley and Threatt will both technically still be underclassman, so they aren't one and done types and have a lot of potential IMO. 

Just think...we're still probably looking at least at a dozen or so more of these types, and would still have the ability to add another 17 high schoolers on top of that (32 total due to transfer outs). I'll be interested to see how the staff decides to break up that allocation in their first year.

Still would be nice if we could retain any of Gibson, Mumpfield, and Mathison...but it seems unlikely. Gibson and Mumpfield both seem destined for P5 and Mathison may want to get back to GA. He's only picked up a couple G5 offers so far though (including GA Southern). With Qualls also gone, we are all of the sudden looking very thin/young at WR.

Edited by LZIp

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

Like what I am seeing so far. I believe both Wiley and Threatt will both technically still be underclassman, so they aren't one and done types and have a lot of potential IMO. 

Just think...we're still probably looking at least at a dozen or so more of these types, and would still have the ability to add another 17 high schoolers on top of that (32 total due to transfer outs). I'll be interested to see how the staff decides to break up that allocation in their first year.

Still would be nice if we could retain any of Gibson, Mumpfield, and Mathison...but it seems unlikely. Gibson and Mumpfield both seem destined for P5 and Mathison may want to get back to GA. He's only picked up a couple G5 offers so far though (including GA Southern). With Qualls also gone, we are all of the sudden looking very thin/young at WR.

Im gonna ask this again. If a young man wants to play for the Zips, who da heck do he contact. I don't see any contact info for coaches on our team page.