Class of '22 Verbal Commits

10 hours ago, zippy5 said:

You could ask the kids that committed. I bet they talked to someone first

Naaaah, they just threw a dart at a map and it landed on UA.  Pure happenstance with no contact.  🙄

I also suspect that the coaches numbers aren't published on a public website.  If so, could you imagine Milwee's voicemail when he came in Monday morning? 

Also, if the players are trying to contact a coach and don't have his contact info odds are the school doesn't want him.  Recruiting doesn't work in the direction of player>Coach.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Naaaah, they just threw a dart at a map and it landed on UA.  Pure happenstance with no contact.  🙄

I also suspect that the coaches numbers aren't published on a public website.  If so, could you imagine Milwee's voicemail when he came in Monday morning? 

Also, if the players are trying to contact a coach and don't have his contact info odds are the school doesn't want him.  Recruiting doesn't work in the direction of player>Coach.

This is true.  Following the coaches on twitter it was eye-opening how every time a coach tweeted something, they'd get 5-10 replies from players saying, "Hey coach, check out my film," with their hudl link, etc.  It was kind of sad.  It made me glad I'm not a coach, it'd break my heart if I had to tell 3,000 kids, "Thank you, but no thank you."  (Which they didn't, they just didn't respond.)  

And @John Wardthat's also partly the player's high school coache's job.  If the coach truly thinks the kid can play he should contact the college coach.  But the coach can't be blowing smoke at the college coach or they'll lose credibility for future player recommendations.

6 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

You definitely are wrong about that sir. How da hell does Joe know anything about BFE school in NW Ohio with a overlooked athlete. I think we should ask someone like Mumpfield since he didn't get no respect. I guess cause nobody wanted him. See how that worked. My point is he don't know Jack about the Ohio boys.If a High School coach ain't publicizing the boy ain’t getting attention. Fact !

4 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Shoulda known that would be your reply. And you will be the first Jack-wagon complaining why we don’t get top talent and K State beat us to the punch blah blah. Im just throwing questions out there.

Edited by John Ward

1 hour ago, John Ward said:

You definitely are wrong about that sir. How da hell does Joe know anything about BFE school in NW Ohio with a overlooked athlete. I think we should ask someone like Mumpfield since he didn't get no respect. I guess cause nobody wanted him. See how that worked. My point is he don't know Jack about the Ohio boys.If a High School coach ain't publicizing the boy ain’t getting attention. Fact !

My point was that PLAYERS don't contact coaches at the D1 level.  The HS coaches know how to get to the college staffs, they don't need numbers of public websites.

Players aren't just falling out of the sky onto the Zips roster.

Here you go Mr. Ward. Right on GoZips.com and always has been.

https://questionnaires.armssoftware.com/3242f548bc75

Additionally per GoZips.com, the phone number next to his bio is (330) 972-7466. I'm sure that won;t go directly to him, but I'm sure whoever picks it up is able to get into contact with him.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

This is true.  Following the coaches on twitter it was eye-opening how every time a coach tweeted something, they'd get 5-10 replies from players saying, "Hey coach, check out my film," with their hudl link, etc.  It was kind of sad.  It made me glad I'm not a coach, it'd break my heart if I had to tell 3,000 kids, "Thank you, but no thank you."  (Which they didn't, they just didn't respond.)  

And @bigjim that's also partly the player's high school coache's job.  If the coach truly thinks the kid can play he should contact the college coach.  But the coach can't be blowing smoke at the college coach or they'll lose credibility for future player recommendations.

EDIT: Whoops, I meant @John Ward

Thanks for the edit.  I could not remember a controversial comment that I made on this topic.  Now, start talking about uniforms and logos, and that is a different story.  Enjoy your posts Blue & Gold.  Keep them coming.  Merry Zipmas!!!!

Hey, I should trademark Merry Zipmas!!!!!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, John Ward said:

😂 Me too. You got a RB from MN who might have played 12 snaps in 3 yrs. Like the Williams boy we had from MSU. How did that workout. Big nothing. So I ain’t excited.

Your comments make sense, but I am excited to a minor degree for the following reasons.  Akron started last season with Gest, Dollard, Norrils, Williams, and one more RB who I cannot remember. I thought we were stacked until all heck broke loose and the issues started.   Now, we are down to Norrils and Williams.  I think Norrils is solid, and Williams will also be good.  I am hoping for one more RB signee so that there is some depth.  Merry Zipmas!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigjim said:

Hey, I should trademark Merry Zipmas!!!!!

Definitely!

Im at EJ Thomas for The Akron Nutcracker. (It’s intermission.) They worked Zippy into the show. Zippy killed the Mouse King! Lol.  It got a HUGE applause from this sold out crowd so it gave me goosebumps! 😂😂

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Definitely!

Im at EJ Thomas for The Akron Nutcracker. (It’s intermission.) They worked Zippy into the show. He/she killed the Mouse King! Lol.  It got a HUGE applause from this sold out crowd so it gave me goosebumps! 😂😂

My wife is so disappointed we missed it with family here all weekend.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, LZIp said:

Here you go Mr. Ward. Right on GoZips.com and always has been.

https://questionnaires.armssoftware.com/3242f548bc75

Additionally per GoZips.com, the phone number next to his bio is (330) 972-7466. I'm sure that won;t go directly to him, but I'm sure whoever picks it up is able to get into contact with him.

LZip, thanks for clarifying.

11 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Definitely!

Im at EJ Thomas for The Akron Nutcracker. (It’s intermission.) They worked Zippy into the show. Zippy killed the Mouse King! Lol.  It got a HUGE applause from this sold out crowd so it gave me goosebumps! 😂😂

To clarify what I meant, I got goosebumps because II still think Akron is a sleeping giant. 😅

59 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Former PFF All American Freshman Safety at WVU with 3 years of eligibility still. Unsure what happened there, but it would appear we beat out Kent St this time around.

^^Perusing twitter (FWIW) some WVU fans thought he was a "distraction," and are not upset with his departure.  If there's any truth to that, hopefully he matures.  Anyway, we needed help at DB.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

Former PFF All American Freshman Safety at WVU with 3 years of eligibility still. Unsure what happened there, but it would appear we beat out Kent St this time around.

It also looks like we have a marketing team in place now.  That is the first official media graphic we’ve released.  Good to see

• Like 2