Class of '22 Verbal Commits

Banks' "transfer" rating would almost be certainly much lower than his rating out of HS. Him being #2 at WVU and starting a few games this year has me intrigued. Like others, I don't particularly see TE as a position of need with Brank the clear #1 IMO. I think I read he was named 3rd team all MAC and the first Zips TE ever make an All MAC team, and he was only a "super" freshman.

He reported on twitter he had an offer from Missouri. Who knows how committable it was, but nice get regardless. Maybe there is something we don't know about the position group, but at the very least I think we've upgraded the #2 TE slot.

12 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

That list of “all-time commits” is absolutely laughable. I follow this program religiously and can only recall a handful of players at the top ever doing anything significant, with Deryn Bowser probably being just about the only one to live up to expectation. 

Bowser was a beast and so fun to watch. It's a shame that he and his family both ruined things for him.

Edited by blueandgold
  • Like 1

On Jennings and recruiting in general:

When evaluating MAC recruiting, I think the best thing to look at is what kind of interest the player has from different coaching staffs. I can't recall many Arth recruits with many MAC offers, let alone FBS, sometimes even Division 1 offers. I've never seen Akron beat out UMass and UT-Chat. for so many players in my life. I get building a program with your kind of players, but it gets to a point where you have to realize you're not competing with other schools in the conference for recruits for a reason. 

Following football, let alone recruiting, in this league requires much different expectations than following a P5. There is so much recruiting coverage of those schools that its honestly nauseating. There aren't dozens of article analyzing what high school Jrs. and Srs. are doing so you have to dig a bit to see who wants a player, and it's great to see P5 transfers AND sought-after high schoolers being targeted and picked up by the Zips. Signing day can't get here soon enough!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Looks like we beat out Ball State, Buffalo, EMU, and Kentucky for his services 💪💪

This is just a verbal right? Probably less chance of someone swooping in and stealing him during the offseason, but when is signing day?  

Dijon held offers from Kentucky + 4 MAC schools (EMU, Miami, Balls, and Canada) for at least the past year. However, Moorhead comes in, offers him on the 3rd, and he commits today. Wow. Moorhead's impact is being felt IMMEDIATELY. I love it. 

He played against some TOUGH central Ohio talent, plus Massillon. Impressive. Love the 3.6 GPA as well. 

3 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Dijon held offers from Kentucky + 4 MAC schools (EMU, Miami, Balls, and Canada) for at least the past year. However, Moorhead comes in, offers him on the 3rd, and he commits today. Wow. Moorhead's impact is being felt IMMEDIATELY. I love it. 

He played against some TOUGH central Ohio talent, plus Massillon. Impressive. Love the 3.6 GPA as well. 

I thought on that too. He gets an offer on the 3rd from Akron and commits today, after having other school offers for a while. Awesome! I wonder what sealed the deal for him? Sooo excited for this Moorhead era!! 

33 minutes ago, GoZips86 said:

I thought on that too. He gets an offer on the 3rd from Akron and commits today, after having other school offers for a while. Awesome! I wonder what sealed the deal for him? Sooo excited for this Moorhead era!! 

Also keep in mind all these colleges have a ton of offers out there.  They may have 5 WR offers out but only 2 WR spots & depending on who they get to commit they pull offers and players don’t announce that info as the more offers the better you look but it’s possible at this point the options where no longer available 

• Like 4

Some coaches have the philosophy your off the market when you commit and others recommend you take an offer before your senior year so if you get injured they usually don’t pull them but the coach can communicate to coaches that he is still looking to find something better.  The whole recruiting process is messy & is even more difficult with Covid extra year & no penalty transfer portal

11 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

Also keep in mind all these colleges have a ton of offers out there.  They may have 5 WR offers out but only 2 WR spots & depending on who they get to commit they pull offers and players don’t announce that info as the more offers the better you look but it’s possible at this point the options where no longer available 

I think that's also a factor in why you don't see a lot of schools like Akron having big early signing days in December.  The top and schools are all doing the math of reducing 5 to 2 and the remaining talent then flows down.

• Like 3