Class of '22 Verbal Commits

37 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Here's an intriguing prospect.  6'4" cornerback from New Mexico Military Institute (JC). Originally from Tampa, FL.

NJCAA National Champion in 2021. His recruitment seems to be picking up. FAU offered him today, Akron yesterday. Previously, his DI offers came from Buffalo, FIU, and WKU. 6'4" turns heads at DB. This will be an interesting recruiting test for Tre' Bell - can the Florida guy lure the Florida guy away from Florida?

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

4 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

NJCAA National Champion in 2021. His recruitment seems to be picking up. FAU offered him today, Akron yesterday. Previously, his DI offers came from Buffalo, FIU, and WKU. 6'4" turns heads at DB. This will be an interesting recruiting test for Tre' Bell - can the Florida guy lure the Florida guy away from Florida?

From what I've seen on twitter, Tre Bell seems pretty well regarded as a recruiter. 

The guys it seems like we've mostly been offering so far are transfer portals and maybe class of 2022 who are rated well and have offers, but may have been left holding the bag after early signing day. I'm not complaining about that as those look to be some good players, but I agree with you - would be nice to see us clearly going head to head against another program and come out ahead.

Edited by LZIp

15 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

6'1" CB. Offers from UNLV, Buffalo, Colorado State, and UMASS. 

15 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

6'0" DB. Offers from Eastern Illinois (makes sense given the recent coaching hire from here), Grambling State (Hue Jackson), Nevada, Texas State, and NMSU. 

13 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

6'4" 270-300 lbs OT out of Ben Davis HS in Indy. Big time offer list. Balls, Boston College, Cincy, Indiana, Kentucky, Purdue, Toledo, and WVU.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

Also keep in mind all these colleges have a ton of offers out there.  They may have 5 WR offers out but only 2 WR spots & depending on who they get to commit they pull offers and players don’t announce that info as the more offers the better you look but it’s possible at this point the options where no longer available 

247sports provides evidence that your observation has some merit in this case.

Here's what they have to say about the other 5 D1 programs that offerred Dijon.

Testicle Tech has 7 QBs on their roster and signed a 3* high schooler.

Canada has 4 QBs on their roster, a 3* high schooler committed, and a 3* Rudgers transfer coming in.

EMU has 9 QBs on their roster.

The Sweaters have 9 QBs on their roster, and have signed a 3* high schooler.

UK has 5 QBs on their roster and their recruiting class is currently ranked as the 11th best in the nation.

Edited by Zipmeister
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AKSportsFan said:

Just saw A Dre Greeley get an offer yesterday but didn't remember seeing his name pop up here. Also, was curious, I know it's been discussed before but how many Scholarship players could we add in one class? 25? How do transfers (in and out) impact that?

We are a young team who didn't lose much to graduation and as far as we know so far, hasn't really lost a ton of players with the coaching change. We are ultimately looking at I think as little as 17 scholarships available and as much as 32 (with the new transfer portal rules) to get to the 85 limit. Not very helpful I'm sure, but It'll all depend on how many players actually end up staying - whether its by their choice or the new staff's. The roster for next year won't likely be finalized until fall camp as I'm sure spring ball will be telling for both the coaches and players in terms of talent and projected playing time and some additional spots will open up.

The good news is, even if there happens to be a dozen or so players we don't know about no longer on the team next season, we still have the opportunity to be at 85 scholarship players. Thats something that was never done in the Arth era.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, LZIp said:

We are a young team who didn't lose much to graduation and as far as we know so far, hasn't really lost a ton of players with the coaching change. We are ultimately looking at I think as little as 17 scholarships available and as much as 32 (with the new transfer portal rules) to get to the 85 limit. Not very helpful I'm sure, but It'll all depend on how many players actually end up staying - whether its by their choice or the new staff's. The roster for next year won't likely be finalized until fall camp as I'm sure spring ball will be telling for both the coaches and players in terms of talent and projected playing time and some additional spots will open up.

The good news is, even if there happens to be a dozen or so players we don't know about no longer on the team next season, we still have the opportunity to be at 85 scholarship players. Thats something that was never done in the Arth era.

I think you could see more players leave after the coaches look at tape and have "heart to heart" talks with them about their future playing time.  One of the primary downfalls of the Arth staff was their failure to attract D1 FBS level talent or conversely their ability to attract non-FBS level talent, and some of those kids are going to learn quickly from this staff that they may not measure up and move on. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GoZips86 said:

Good deal! Offered Tuesday and committed today. Had interest and offer from EKU, but no others. 

Go Zips!

When I saw the offer the other day I checked out his hudl and I was impressed. I wonder if sitting out approximately half of the games for half the seasons as a result of blowouts affected interest. I also saw some Ivy league offers as well.

Our last RB from St. X, Conor Hundley was pretty solid.

• Like 1