Class of '22 Verbal Commits

3 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

Great!!  Got that second WR to replace the losses of our transfers.  Now, we need to get 1-2 highly rated freshman wide receivers to keep the pipeline going.  Adams graduated in 2020.  With the Covid season or a redshirt, he should still have 3 seasons left.  

Very highly rated out of high school, with many P5 offers.  

https://lsusports.net/sports/fb/roster/season/2021/player/alex-adams/

Very little success at LSU in 2 years.  However, we welcome him to the corner of Union and Exchange and hope for great successes.  

In Joe We Trust!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

Could be a nice steal here. I assume he'll be on scholly.. Looks like some FCS offers out of HS, went prep school for a year. I like his film.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2GBcMB 

4.49 forty time, so he has some quickness.  I am guessing that he was recruited as a WR and not DB, but I could be completely wrong.  If so, that will start filling the future pipeline.   As I state with all of these recruits:

In Joe We Trust!!!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

Wow, the new Zip coaches must really listen to BigJim

How is BigJim like E.F. Hutton?

past interest from several P5 progrums

If they want to be successful, they and others will listen to me 😄🙂.  Yes, people need to listen to EFH.  When he talks, people listen.

Now, let's get that 2nd offensive lineman and QB transfer and we will be set for a successful 2022.  Additional recruits will make Akron successful pas 22.  

In Joe We Trust!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bigjim said:

Great!!  Got that second WR to replace the losses of our transfers.  Now, we need to get 1-2 highly rated freshman wide receivers to keep the pipeline going.  Adams graduated in 2020.  With the Covid season or a redshirt, he should still have 3 seasons left.  

Very highly rated out of high school, with many P5 offers.  

https://lsusports.net/sports/fb/roster/season/2021/player/alex-adams/

Very little success at LSU in 2 years.  However, we welcome him to the corner of Union and Exchange and hope for great successes.  

In Joe We Trust!!!

He has to be good; he's already in the UoA athletic Hall of Fame.

based on this, he may be out of eligibility

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

This would be a really impressive get. Scheduled to visit Jan 28th, one week after going to GT..

https://247sports.com/Player/Jullian-Lewis-46099434/

What an offer list! There are only two schools he is warm on: Georgia Tech and Akron.

Other offers (at least at one point) include Syracuse, Kentucky, Pitt, Indiana, Coastal Carolina, Boston College, Arkansas, App State, and Southern Miss.

11 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

We’ll have to pray for an unseasonably warm January 28th.

Or a snowstorm.  I think some of these kids that grew up in the south never seeing snow or having seasons are interested in a (temporary) climate change just like a lot of us that grow disgusted with Ohio's weather would like to shift south.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

We’ll have to pray for an unseasonably warm January 28th.

If the visit still happens after his GT visit on the 21st, I don't think it matters what the weather is. 

Excellent weather, P5, and closer to home. 

Vs

Moorhead, Moorhead's offense/offensive mind, immediate playing time, and no less of an opportunity to make a name for yourself/get to the League.

Two very different priority lists. Let's hope the latter is what is most important to Mr. Lewis.

Side note: I wonder if he has any connections with Reno Ferri since Syracuse offered him presumably while Ferri was still there?

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1

GaTech is probably going to get one more year out of that staff before they're canned. Collins is 9-25 there with 3 wins in each season. That's probably going to be a big selling point by the UA staff on 1/28.

The only thing I remember Collins for is before his first game there, which was @ Clemson, they were lifting weights out on the field during warmups, which is something I have never seen anyone do before. That's such a boneheaded BS fake tough guy thing if I've ever seen one.

I am hugely biased of course, but I'm buying stock in Akron right now before I am GaTech. He'll be in a better situation with an offensive coach and will make a far more immediate impact. What a get this would be!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

GaTech is probably going to get one more year out of that staff before they're canned. Collins is 9-25 there with 3 wins in each season. That's probably going to be a big selling point by the UA staff on 1/28.

The only thing I remember Collins for is before his first game there, which was @ Clemson, they were lifting weights out on the field during warmups, which is something I have never seen anyone do before. That's such a boneheaded BS fake tough guy thing if I've ever seen one.

I am hugely biased of course, but I'm buying stock in Akron right now before I am GaTech. He'll be in a better situation with an offensive coach and will make a far more immediate impact. What a get this would be!

HAHA! That's fantastic. How has he not been canned yet?

Side note: Real tough guys do this as an intimidation tactic...

• Haha 2

So I compared the list of incoming football transfers for us shown on page 1 of this thread with the Akron list on the TP (at 247sports). It's my understanding that additions to the TP, and modifications to existing TP entries come from an official at the student's current school. So the fact that no destination school appears for Harper, Banks or Terry on the TP is a bit concerning. Do you suppose that these three actually notified their compliance officer of their intention to go to Akron and the officer is sleeping on the information? Or, that their compliance officer notified the TP and TP is sleeping on the information? Or, more concerning, that the three students have not notified their compliance officer which may indicate a low degree of resolve to their commitment?  Or something else?

BTW, Threatt doesn't show up on the TP, but I am pretty sure that is because he is at a junior college.

25 minutes ago, LZIp said:

247 has a lot of room for improvement when it comes to keeping track of the smaller schools and less coveted recruits. Thats really all the more thought I put into it.

If the trends like we're seeing at Jackson State continue, they'll be forced to put more effort into non-P5/AAC schools. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

It’s an official visit so it should be commits, they see facilities, gear, dinner on 7th floor of Info, trip to HOF & best part a night out on the town with players

Pardon my confusion, but why would commits take another official visit? Unless you're saying these guys are going to commit, and this is their last official visit before they do commit?

32 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Pardon my confusion, but why would commits take another official visit? Unless you're saying these guys are going to commit, and this is their last official visit before they do commit?

You just confused me, there are a couple weekends of official visits.  They could be committed for a year but they come for an official visit.  Your other game day or practice visits are not official.

Your official visit has all the commits in during the couple weekends they have set up where parents come as well.  All the commits get to meet each other, parents & complete staff.  It’s standard.  

I hope that made sense

They can have uncommitted players as well.  Your only allowed 1 official visit where they can pay the expenses of travel and hotel for a weekend so it’s nice to have commitments before official visit but if they aren’t committed it’s obviously late in game & if you have them here you have offered and really want and think you have a chance as we don’t have the endless budget P5’s do.

Edited by 94zipgrad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1