Class of '22 Verbal Commits

94zipgrad is on the right path- some of our announced commits are already enrolled- they may participate in this weekend’s doings but they are committed in the sense they have already enrolled; other announced commits are here with family to cement their decision and meet people, see facilities, etc. There is a third group that are not committed and, hopefully,  some/many will commit tomorrow. To have no new info tonight is not a problem- they are busy. To have no new commitments by this time tomorrow will be more of an issue. Hopefully we will have some positive developments in the next 24 hours. Go Zips!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

You just confused me, there are a couple weekends of official visits.  They could be committed for a year but they come for an official visit.  Your other game day or practice visits are not official.

Your official visit has all the commits in during the couple weekends they have set up where parents come as well.  All the commits get to meet each other, parents & complete staff.  It’s standard.  

I hope that made sense

They can have uncommitted players as well.  Your only allowed 1 official visit where they can pay the expenses of travel and hotel for a weekend so it’s nice to have commitments before official visit but if they aren’t committed it’s obviously late in game & if you have them here you have offered and really want and think you have a chance as we don’t have the endless budget P5’s do.

Your last paragraph is correct. The rest of your post may or not be what Akron has done in the past, but otherwise it is completely wrong. Schools with budgets hold numerous (many) official visits, which can occur on a game day, parents may or may not show (usually a good idea if they do), and it is unlikely the recruit will meet with the entire staff. The official visit can occur before or after the recruit commits, or with increasing frequency in recent years (due primarily to COVID) never.

Julian Lewis, coming for an official visit January 28th, is a true stud.  He has offers from:

Appalachian State

Arkansas

Boston College

Buffalo

Cincinnati

Coastal Carolina

Florida

Georgia Tech

Kentucky

Pitt

Rhode Island

Southern Miss

Syracuse

West Virginia

How is Coach JoeMo able to attract talent like that?  I'm assuming this kid would never have glanced at Akron under Arth & Co.  Is his high school coach telling him JoeMo is legit?  Is it JoeMo's personality?  I doubt the kid has followed Coach Joe's career or is at all familiar with JoeMo's resume, right?

Edited by Blue & Gold

1 hour ago, Zipmeister said:

Your last paragraph is correct. The rest of your post may or not be what Akron has done in the past, but otherwise it is completely wrong. Schools with budgets hold numerous (many) official visits, which can occur on a game day, parents may or may not show (usually a good idea if they do), and it is unlikely the recruit will meet with the entire staff. The official visit can occur before or after the recruit commits, or with increasing frequency in recent years (due primarily to COVID) never.

Do you want me to paste the NCAA rule of only allowing 1 official visit.  An official visit is when the school pays transportation and lodging expenses for a whole weekend.  I didn’t guess

Edited by 94zipgrad

2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Julian Lewis, coming for an official visit January 28th, is a true stud.  He has offers from:

Appalachian State

Arkansas

Boston College

Buffalo

Cincinnati

Coastal Carolina

Florida

Georgia Tech

Kentucky

Pitt

Rhode Island

Southern Miss

Syracuse

West Virginia

How is Coach JoeMo able to attract talent like that?  I'm assuming this kid would never have glanced at Akron under Arth & Co.  Is his high school coach telling him JoeMo is legit?  Is it JoeMo's personality?  I doubt the kid has followed Coach Joe's career or is at all familiar with JoeMo's resume, right?

I guess this is a bit cynical but I wonder how commitable those offers are. In any case, just to be on the radar at those places is pretty impressive. Glad to see some positive momentum

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

Do you want me to paste the NCAA rule of only allowing 1 official visit.  An official visit is when the school pays transportation and lodging expenses for a whole weekend.  I didn’t guess

Too late for that. I agreed 5 hours ago, in my initial reaction to your post,that every thing you said in the last paragraph of your post was correct. It's the rest of the post that needs work.

6 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Appalachian State

Arkansas

Boston College

Buffalo

Cincinnati

Coastal Carolina

Florida

Georgia Tech

Kentucky

Pitt

Rhode Island

Southern Miss

Syracuse

West Virginia

3 hours ago, zippy5 said:

I guess this is a bit cynical but I wonder how commitable those offers are. In any case, just to be on the radar at those places is pretty impressive. Glad to see some positive momentum

I had speculated earlier in one of the threads about Mr. Lewis that there might be a connection with Reno Ferri from his time at 'Cuse. 

Regardless, I don't think JoeMo is unknown to these players. This is the guy that produced one of the top offenses in college football in back to back years with Saquon Barkley and Trace McSorley, ultimately sending Barkley to the NFL as a top 5 draft pick. He is as good of an offensive mind as any of the schools on that list have on their respective staffs, if not better. Not to mention his reason for coming to Akron is incredibly down-to-earth (family), and he seems very genuine. It's not hard to sell himself to recruits, and there are worse places than Akron in the world. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

Sorry but it is accurate and comes from 1st hand knowledge 

You have got to get out more. For example, take a peek at the list of official visits for just about any big 10 team and see if any of the visits  occurred on a home game day. They do that so uncommitted recruits can personally observe how exciting the game day experience is at their place. In recent years having recruits in to watch a Zips game might not have been the best strategy.

Edited by Zipmeister

5 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

You have got to get out more. For example, take a peek at the list of official visits for just about any big 10 team and see if any of the visits  occurred on a home game day.

Ok, thanks bud, we are discussing the Zips on Zipnation, end of discussion because you are not going to get it

12 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

Ok, thanks bud, we are discussing the Zips on Zipnation, end of discussion because you are not going to get it

21 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

It’s an official visit so it should be commits, they see facilities, gear, dinner on 7th floor of Info, trip to HOF & best part a night out on the town with players

Ok sport, even if you were limiting the discussion to what the Zips have done (which was not clear), you are absolutely wrong about official visits being limited to commits. If that is what they have been doing (which I doubt), rest assured it will change now that we have a legitimate D1 head coach. Everything else you claimed about official visits, except that which I have already expressed agreement with, may occur but is not universally the case. End of discussion because I'm pretty sure you are not going to get it. 

26 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

Ok sport, even if you were limiting the discussion to what the Zips have done (which was not clear), you are absolutely wrong about official visits being limited to commits. If that is what they have been doing (which I doubt), rest assured it will change now that we have a legitimate D1 head coach. Everything else you claimed about official visits, except that which I have already expressed agreement with, may occur but is not universally the case. End of discussion because I'm pretty sure you are not going to get it. 

Way to pick and choose, i explained there could be non commits in last paragraph.   Please stop embarrassing yourself

On 1/15/2022 at 9:58 PM, adzip said:

some of our announced commits are already enrolled- 

some/many will commit tomorrow. To have no new info tonight is not a problem- they are busy. To have no new commitments by this time tomorrow will be more of an issue.

This posting had me all excited on Saturday.  Now, I have the following questions.  

1. can you share the names of the commits that are already enrolled?  I would like to know the sure recruits.  

2.  I did not see any new commits on Sunday.  Did I miss them?  Now it is Monday mid-day, and no news has been reported.   Is there an issue as stated above?    

In Joe We Trust!!!