Class of '22 Verbal Commits

12 hours ago, John Ward said:

Well , you will find out.

I wasn't being a smart ass.  The question was sincere; not rhetorical.  What don't you like about him?  Give some analysis.  I think his tape looks really good and he is one of the 2 QB's selected to represent the South in the Ohio D-1-3 North-South All-Star Game.  He is however, on the smaller side, so I could see durability being an issue.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

It's so bitterly cold this weekend.  What a lousy hand to be dealt for a big recruiting weekend 😕

Hopefully some of the southern kids love the sight of a lot of snow! 🙂

Also, if anyone knows, what kind of stuff would they be doing for/with these kids in a recruiting weekend? 

20 hours ago, GoZips86 said:

Hopefully some of the southern kids love the sight of a lot of snow! 🙂

Also, if anyone knows, what kind of stuff would they be doing for/with these kids in a recruiting weekend? 

Anyone who's lived in constant 92 degrees with 92% humidity knows it's no picnic, let alone practice football & play games in it. It's not often temps get this low before the end of football season in Nov.   If I was a FL/GA kid I would be looking north!

2 hours ago, ZippyRulz said:

Anyone who's lived in constant 92 degrees with 92% humidity knows it's no picnic, let alone practice football & play games in it. It's not often temps get this low before the end of football season in Nov.   If I was a FL/GA kid I would be looking north!

Your car would be one of the few going north for the winter 😂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It MIGHT be 3-star OL Ka'Marii Landers of Deerborn, MI who holds offers from Michigan State, Kentucky, Buffalo, Indiana, and Cincinnati

He retweeted the "Detroit" tweet from Joel Rodriguez and then tweeted this (a tweet which was "Liked" by Tre Bell).

So he wants someone to photoshop him... hopefully into a Zips uniform!

Nothing official though, I'm just snowed in & playing a little Sherlock Holmes. Lol

EDIT: I see @Fight For Zippy scooped me 😂

Edited by Blue & Gold

19 hours ago, a-zip said:

Your car would be one of the few going north for the winter 😂

I had this conversation with Bowden a number of years ago on how to recruit players from the South. He mentioned that back in the day there weren't a lot of smaller D1 schools in the South so many came up North to play ball. He would learn that a player he was recruiting would often have a father, uncle, cousin, etc that played in the MAC or similar conference that could vouch for the school and coach. That and offering playing time helps 😉

24 minutes ago, gozips19 said:

I had this conversation with Bowden a number of years ago on how to recruit players from the South. He mentioned that back in the day there weren't a lot of smaller D1 schools in the South so many came up North to play ball. He would learn that a player he was recruiting would often have a father, uncle, cousin, etc that played in the MAC or similar conference that could vouch for the school and coach. That and offering playing time helps 😉

That makes sense.  A little easier to sell than the weather angle 😉

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

It MIGHT be 3-star OL Ka'Marii Landers of Deerborn, MI who holds offers from Michigan State, Kentucky, Buffalo, Indiana, and Cincinnati

He retweeted the "Detroit" tweet from Joel Rodriguez and then tweeted this (a tweet which was "Liked" by Tre Bell).

Nothing official though, I'm just snowed in & playing a little Sherlock Holmes. Lol

Apparently offers from Michigan, Oregon, and WVU at some point as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

We desperately need talent and depth on the OL. This would be a huge get

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Congrats to the coaching staff.  

On 1/17/2022 at 7:59 AM, Blue & Gold said:

Kid's from London.  NFL Academy.

If it makes sense to B&G, can you add a list of the PWO's to the bottom of the page 1 summary of commitments that is so good to review?  My guess is that this coaching staff will get more PWO's between now and the late signing day.  I think this addition was included in years past, but I could be wrong.  If you do not think that it makes sense, then ignore my request.  Thanks for all you do.

In Joe We Trust!!!

• Like 1