Class of '22 Verbal Commits

11 hours ago, bigjim said:

If it makes sense to B&G, can you add a list of the PWO's to the bottom of the page 1 summary of commitments that is so good to review?  My guess is that this coaching staff will get more PWO's between now and the late signing day.  I think this addition was included in years past, but I could be wrong.  If you do not think that it makes sense, then ignore my request.  Thanks for all you do.

In Joe We Trust!!!

Hey BigJim, that's a great idea.  The only problem is is normally difficult to tell which players are on PWO unless they specify it.  As an example, I don't know if the above player, Rollins Asugha, has actually accepted the PWO offer or not. But I'll try to keep track of this and when I see players confirm taking a PWO spot I'll definitely update the initial post with the information.

Go Zips!

22 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

Kind of slow lately!

So, here is my rationalization.

The staff has actually secured numerous additional commits, but they are withholding announcements so as not to discourage targets that remain uncommitted.. Yes, that's it; I'm sticking with that.

With that said, next Wednesday (National Signing Day) is going to be fun!!! 

1 hour ago, Zipmeister said:

Kind of slow lately!

So, here is my rationalization.

The staff has actually secured numerous additional commits, but they are withholding announcements so as not to discourage targets that remain uncommitted.. Yes, that's it; I'm sticking with that.

With OL visiting last weekend I was really hoping to see at least one commitment announcement.  😕

1 hour ago, GoZips86 said:

I'm really excited about this kid! 

Agreed, and it looks like the bonding these guys had might've landed us Landers, who excites me a ton. 

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

FCS 2nd team all american punter

6'5" Punter? Damn. Throw 20 lbs of muscle on this kid and he could lay some massive hits on guys, should they get that far. 

• Like 1

I can't remember where we're putting offers, but it looks to be a busy day. Coach Bell also met up with Ted Ginn Sr.

I can post screenshots tomorrow once I'm not on my phone, but here are the names I saw from Tweets...

Jabari Mitchell: 6'3" Athlete from Reynoldsburg - Dijon Jennings teammate? Holds offers from several MAC schools

Jermaine Foster: 6'0" WR from Glenville (Probably why Bell was with Ginn Sr.); Holds offers from Kentucky, Michigan State, Miami OH, and Toledo.

Arvell Reese: 6'4" LB from Glenville (again why Bell was with Ginn Sr.); Holds offers from Charlotte and several MAC schools

Ziaire Stevens: 5'10" RB from Akron Community East; holds offers from Indiana and Pitt.

Damarion Witten: 6'2" TE from Glenville (another reason Bell was with Ginn Sr.); Holds offers from Kentucky & Michigan State.

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

35 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I can't remember where we're putting offers, but it looks to be a busy day. Coach Bell also met up with Ted Ginn Sr.

I can post screenshots tomorrow once I'm not on my phone, but here are the names I saw from Tweets...

Jabari Mitchell: 6'3" Athlete from Reynoldsburg - Dijon Jennings teammate? Holds offers from several MAC schools

Jermaine Foster: 6'0" WR from Glenville (Probably why Bell was with Ginn Sr.); Holds offers from Kentucky, Michigan State, Miami OH, and Toledo.

Arvell Reese: 6'4" LB from Glenville (again why Bell was with Ginn Sr.); Holds offers from Charlotte and several MAC schools

Ziaire Stevens: 5'10" RB from Akron Community East; holds offers from Indiana and Pitt.

Damarion Witten: 6'2" TE from Glenville (another reason Bell was with Ginn Sr.); Holds offers from Kentucky & Michigan State.

What are we gonna be Glenville South ! Cmon Man. Lets be real if your 6’6 270 plus and looking for PWO in the MAC.You ain’t that good. We done had a project like this. 

Edited by John Ward

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

If this means we got a verbal from a 4-star prospect I don't believe we've ever done that before. MAC doesn't get many (any?) of those straight out of high school.

I don't know if we ever got a verbal from a 4* straight from high school, but I do know we have never secured a LOI from one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John Ward said:

What are we gonna be Glenville South ! Cmon Man. Lets be real if your 6’6 270 plus and looking for PWO in the MAC.You ain’t that good. We done had a project like this. 

I'm with you man.

I don't think any of these boys be the perfect fit.

Let's get a real coaching staff in here that know whats what.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs down 1

FWIW, Jullian Lewis is "1000% committed" to Georgia Tech. 

Not sure how smart he is considering he just committed to a coaching staff on the Titanic, but he at least knows how to work the weather app/Google on his phone.

"Akron, OH, weather... That's not Celsius?! Yiiiikkkkkeeeeesssss... Hey GT, I'm committed. 100%. No. 1000%."

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Not sure how smart he is considering he just committed to a coaching staff on the Titanic, but he at least knows how to work the weather app/Google on his phone.

"Akron, OH, weather... That's not Celsius?! Yiiiikkkkkeeeeesssss... Hey GT, I'm committed. 100%. No. 1000%."

When he's in the portal next year after those clowns get fired I bet JoeMo is the first one to call him

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I always like Omar Jacobs' (former Florida HS star, BG QB and Steelers draft pick) take on playing college football in the north.

He felt is was important to show NFL teams that he could play in the cold weather, so he chose BG over similar-level southern schools.

Although he didn't do anything in the NFL, it did get him drafted by the Steelers.

• Like 1