Class of '22 Verbal Commits

5 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Visit on the 28th. He's apparently "warm" on Akron, and has other offers from FIU, FAU, and Coastal Carolina. 

Love the name. Looks like Tyreek Hill. 

247 Sports is predicting...💯 that he commits to Akron.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue & Gold said:

Looks like it. Wow. I believe all 3 of these guys have nice offer lists. I can’t think of a single OL in the Arth era that had another FBS offer period! These guys are exciting, but kind of stinks we likely won’t benefit from them til a few years down the road. I like one more transfer to compliment the OL and address the “now”.

11 minutes ago, John Ward said:

Cmon boyz the high schooler aint played a down yet. Mathison damn good, Mumpfield damn good .

Mumpfield was a freshman last year. Maybe this kid makes a similar year #1 impact? The opportunity for playing time will certainly be there. 

When you bring in one of the best skill position players from one of the best high school teams in the south, you’re allowed to get a little excited. Every great player was a freshman once. 🦘💪🏽

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John Ward said:

And on the 4th day God created a fool named Zipmeister.. Pipe down Beav . Mind ya manners youngin!

Zipmeister may be under your skin only because he employs very cerebral humor to get his point across. He is no fool. Compared to Arth he loves this staff. He probably did watch Leave it to Beaver and by no means is he a youngin. Now if you are the Ward from Ward and June Cleaver fame you may find you have a lot in common with the Meister.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

Zipmeister may be under your skin only because he employs very cerebral humor to get his point across. He is no fool. Compared to Arth he loves this staff. He probably did watch Leave it to Beaver and by no means is he a youngin. Now if you are the Ward from Ward and June Cleaver fame you may find you have a lot in common with the Meister.

I hope you aren't implying that the hall monitor is too stupid to grasp cerebral humor.

I for one have come to appreciate his well-thought out postings on Zipsnation.

His insights have ranged from criticizing posters who posted comments that were not supportive enough of Zips football to applying the laser-focus of an outsider to the poor organization of the current staff and how it was preventing them from locking up commits because there was no way for prospects to contact them.

All members of Zipsnation are urged to be more supportive of the hall monitor.

In my mind he can do no wrong.

• Thanks 1

If...IF...IF (I refuse to get my hopes too high) these are the 3 OL we've gotten recent verbals from, here are the schools JoeMo & Co. beat for their services:

Tyler Williams, Alpharetta, GA:

Arkansas State

Alcorn State

UMass

Miami (FL)

Temple

Toledo

Tulane

Alabama A&M

Keylen Davis, Indianapolis, IN:

Ball State

Boston College

Cincinnati

Indiana

Kentucky

Miami (OH)

Purdue

Toledo

West Virginia

Ka'Marii Landers, Dearborn, MI:

Kentucky

Michigan State

Buffalo

Cincinnati

Indiana

KSUcks

Michigan

Nebraska

Oregon

Toledo

West Virginia

A lot can happen between now & receiving a signed LOI on February 2nd, so, until then it's only speculative.

But if these are the three, then wow.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LZIp said:

Looks like it. Wow. I believe all 3 of these guys have nice offer lists. I can’t think of a single OL in the Arth era that had another FBS offer period! These guys are exciting, but kind of stinks we likely won’t benefit from them til a few years down the road. I like one more transfer to compliment the OL and address the “now”.

Yeah, I'd still like to see one or two OL transfers.

3 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

If...IF...IF (I refuse to get my hopes too high) these are the 3 OL we've gotten recent verbals from, here are the schools JoeMo & Co. beat for their services:

Tyler Williams, Alpharetta, GA:

Arkansas State

Alcorn State

UMass

Miami (FL)

Temple

Toledo

Tulane

Alabama A&M

Keylen Davis, Indianapolis, IN:

Ball State

Boston College

Cincinnati

Indiana

Kentucky

Miami (OH)

Purdue

Toledo

West Virginia

Ka'Marii Landers, Dearborn, MI:

Kentucky

Michigan State

Buffalo

Cincinnati

Indiana

KSUcks

Michigan

Nebraska

Oregon

Toledo

West Virginia

A lot can happen between now & receiving a signed LOI on February 2nd, so, until then it's only speculative.

But if these are the three, then wow.  

Actual D1 beef on the line. This is going to be quite the turnaround story. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Yeah, I'd still like to see one or two OL transfers.

I have been saying the same for weeks, let's get another OL transfer to compliment Banes.  We do have some good young offensive lineman that have some experience.  If we add the freshman listed here and add another transfer, we will be in good shape on the OL in 22 and going forward. 

Now, we need a transfer QB.  I do not believe Irons is the man.  Then, a couple of frosh LB's and two additional frosh DL men and give them a year to get acclimated to FBS, and we will be in good shape going forward.  Looking forward to rebuttals.

In Joe We Trust!!! 

• Like 1