Class of '22 Verbal Commits

2 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

Plus we have a bunch of guys 247 is currently showing as zero stars that are likely to be upgraded to at least 2 stars (although the same may happen to the other MAC schools).

For example Dijon was recently upgraded on 247 from zero to 3*

and Brian McCoy from a zero to 2*

3 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

247 has our mystery Cincinnati OL commit listed.  It's Jourden Hale.  I was wondering if it was him but he hasn't tweeted anything official yet.  Since 247 has the 411 (do the cool kids still say that, or is that pre-Google) I'll go ahead and put him on the updated Post #1.

Sheesh. 6'5" 330 lbs.

JoeMo is not messing around on the OL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

Just saw that Arizona State is making a very late push to get Tyhler Williams as they’ve offered him. It’s tough for me being a Zips fan to think we’ll be able to retain him, but If we do, all the more impressive.

Pinned atop his Twitter, he says he's 100% Committed to the Zips? That's a pretty high percentage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Pinned atop his Twitter, he says he's 100% Committed to the Zips? That's a pretty high percentage.

Years ago 100% used to be the top percentage. Lately I've seen them up to 10,000%. But, perhaps it doesn't matter how committed a prospect is. I noticed on 247 that one of our latest recruits was 100% committed to Campbell before committing to the Zips.

• Like 1

It is now officially Christmas/Signing day Eve morning.  This is the longest day of the year as we wait for the new gifts/players.  It will be very curious to see if we get any more players and if we lose players that had previously committed to the University of Akron.  I have to believe the coaches are working extra hard and long today.  Cheers to a Merry Christmas/Signing day.  

In Joe We Trust!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Does Akron Echo know there’s a difference between Alabama and Alabama A&M?

Obviously, they are the same thing.

When one is referring to the University of Alabama in the morning one should use Alabama A&M, but when referring to them in the afternoon one should use Alabama P&M.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

Obviously, they are the same thing.

When one is referring to the University of Alabama in the morning one should use Alabama A&M, but when referring to them in the afternoon one should use Alabama P&M.

Probably as good an explanation as any. 

That Akron Echo tweet does smack of dumping Gatorade on your coach when there’s still time remaining. I’m waiting for the clock to show all zeros before I begin any victory laps.

4 minutes ago, AKSportsFan said:

What's the protocol for transfers will they be "signing" tomorrow along with the HS guys?

I don't think/know if there is any sort of LOI for transfers. I'd guess all who committed in time to enroll in January are already on campus and working out with the team. Though I'm sure all new scholarship additions will be announced by the University.

22 minutes ago, AKSportsFan said:

What's the protocol for transfers will they be "signing" tomorrow along with the HS guys?

If you open administrativeGuidelines.pdf - National Letter of Intent http://www.nationalletter.org

A transfer coming from a junior college is permitted to sign a NLI, but “Four-year college transfers are not permitted to sign an NLI; therefore, are not bound by NLI signing dates to sign an athletics aid agreement.”

I wonder if at this point we're treading into PWO territory outside of anyone obvious (multiple offers and what not). I don't see anything about an offer from anyone on his twitter profile and bringing in 5 freshman OL seems a bit excessive. He may be on scholly though as our OL was pretty thin. I hope we can get some more clarity in the coming days.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NWAkron said:

Is there a Quarterback in the mix?  No Gibson.  No Kato.  Who is next up?

No Kato is one of the best things to ever happen to this program. Irons is there and could flourish.

We'll see tomorrow who the rest of the class is. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 3

I for one would be shocked if there is no transfer QB brought in, though it may not be until after spring ball when more options become available. I'm not sure if Marousek and Jankowski are a fit for what Moorhead wants to do. I could be wrong though. If not, all we have after Irons is Jennings.

Edited by LZIp