Class of '22 Verbal Commits

5 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

@zippy5 as our resident western PA recruiting expert, do you have any feel for this kid? All-time leading rusher at Farrell is an impressive feat.

His twitter profile says Farrell all-time leading rusher, 3-time 1st Team All-State, PA POY in 2019 & 2021, back-to-back state champion.

Yet I only have him as receiving a PWO offer from Toledo.  No other FBS activity.

16 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

@zippy5 as our resident western PA recruiting expert, do you have any feel for this kid? All-time leading rusher at Farrell is an impressive feat.

So. From what I know, he was a stud. The issue is the area teams in their classification were dog **** for the past couple years, and he didn't really face any competition until basically the state final. That said, he had 30 carries for 177 in the final this year and 26 for 125 in the final his sophomore year. So the area folks were kinda flabbergasted he wasn't getting offers but I understood it because the area was so down. Farrell's had tons of talent over the years, but that talent played a lot better of competition. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be a good one, I just think school's were hesitant based on the stats maybe being padded against some really bad teams and not wanting to take the chance.

• Thanks 1